Who has some killer subwoofers?

Says file too big :( but it's a model sub150 Ithink its a 1997 I bought it in 98 or 99 as a floor model ($250)

L-212s

"correctly set up L212 system was really capable of. Too user-unfriendly for most people."

I really enjoyed my L-212s untill I moved into a mobile home and couldnt get rid of the 50hz bump. . .

I found the L-212s wonderful for music when setup properly. . . That was when I started putting the sub where I sat then I would walk around the room untill I found the sweet spot and that was where the sub went. Not sure if it worked or not but at the time I thought it did. . .

One thing I wont soon forget was the size of the crossovers in each sattelite. . . Now thats a crossover. . . They were a pain with their cam lock binding posts, a 75watt amp in a 12in sealed box for a sub but it was a JBL and thatm level of JBLs had to be good. . . . I remember my first experience with a telarc CD "Time Warp" now that would make that woofer talk. . .

In the end video and home theater (Dolby Surround) was just hitting and that was the beginning of the end for my stereo only systems untill around 2000 when I got tired of chasing my tail and started looking back instead of forward. . . . I still love my HT but stereo is here to stay. . .

How many remember searching through VHS tapes for "HiFi" audio for the good sound effects???

Last edited:
VMPS Larger sub. 12 inch and 15 inch active and 15 inch passive (downward firing, slot-loaded). 115 db at 20 Hz. You can get them in kit form and they are very easy to assemble. I have a 500W amp I got from Parts express to drive the,. I hat to put rubber feet on all the pictures and paintings to stop them from vibrating and walking...

The sub is $579 including shipping and the amp is $298. Coupled with my Infinity Kappa 6 speakers and my Kappa center, the house rocks. I have MB Quart balcony speakers.

Back
Top Bottom