In the interests of not cross-posting, more pictures can be found here :

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=368845

SX-1000TW
SX-434, SX-535, SX-636, SX-737, SX-838, SX-939, SX-1010
SX-450, SX-750, SX-1250
SX-780, SX-780(2), SX-880, SX-980
SA-7700
TX-606
CT-F500, CT-F500(2), CT-F650, CT-M55R (6 cassette changer)
SG-300
SR-202

That's all I can think of what I currently own of those Pioneers. Currently I'm using SX-1250 for my living room, SX-780 by my bed, and SX-1010 in my computer section.

Just found one of these tucked aside at the thrift.....mint condition inside and out.....

What an amazing receiver.....Stands up and says....I will take on any amp in the world right up to 12 watts......

Amazing sound.......large powersupply and reserves make it sound a lot larger than it is....and it reaches all the way down for bass.... warm, detailed, airy and lots of bloom like tubes........without the tubes...... I will hold onto this one for a while.........you don't see many receivers designed and put together with this much care....or this good of sound.....this little guy embarasses a lot of higher powered amps....

Anyone here have experience with this little receiver......?

Would you have pics of the front, rear, inside?

Spec1 and 2/ TX9500II
SX-1250
SX-939
SA-7800/ TX8500II

And all the assorted Pioneer rtr's, cassette decks, eq's, turntables and sound processors that go along with them. Of them all I really like the warmth of the SX-939 for a daily driver along with it's cool blue display. The full spec rig is going into a custom rack out in the new workshop once I get it situated. Full on air conditioning and heat and lots of lighting and far enough away from the house to allow occasional really loud listening sessions without busting significant others crystal in her china cabinet :) Joined the group as well.
-Lee

SA-500 (just got it, have to fix it)
SA-720 (OK, rescued from the recycle container)
SX-1080 (mint condition)

and

TX-606 tuner (bought new, in the month when John Paul I was Pope ...)
SR-202w reverb
PL-115D turntable
CTF-2121
CTF-9191
CT-W401 R double cassette

Last edited:

My sx-1080 arrived today. does nicely, but I'm wondering what difference between this 120 wpc and the sx-1500td I use at 58 wpc. I don't think this beast 1080 sounds really any better, but I just believe you could turn it up louder with out distortion. Is that the real reason for the power? Ive always been told that about 30 wpc is all you need for total clarity, and after that its just a matter of undistorted volume. By the way, those of you with a 1080, is it supposed to take a couple seconds for it to kick in when you power up? Its not instant

My sx-1080 arrived today. does nicely, but I'm wondering what difference between this 120 wpc and the sx-1500td I use at 58 wpc. I don't think this beast 1080 sounds really any better, but I just believe you could turn it up louder with out distortion. Is that the real reason for the power? Ive always been told that about 30 wpc is all you need for total clarity, and after that its just a matter of undistorted volume. By the way, those of you with a 1080, is it supposed to take a couple seconds for it to kick in when you power up? Its not instant

I have the next model down, the SX-980, pretty much the same besides total output and the torroid, and it takes a good 8-10 seconds from when you hit the power switch to when the relays click and the juices start flowing. Dunno if its normal or proper though :dunno:

lets see...i got:
sx 737..(just got this week recycling center)..love it (blue face) great warm sound
sx 750...same place, needed recap..sounds good
sx- 580..small but packs a punch..gott it at same place in mint cond.

others:
sansui 5050 receiver..big heavy beast
sansui g-2000 SA find..mint condition
sansui au 2000 nice little silver amp
sansui au 3900 (got this last week..recy. center)..cheap price works amazingly.

now i have to enter vintage audio rehab...
fabs

I have a beautiful minty recently totally recapped SX-1080 that sounds beautiful.

Just picked up a rather beat looking SA-9500 II last week. Sounds great already and I haven't replaced a single cap or even hit it with DeOxit yet. Can't wait to hear it after I recondition it. It has a hell of a reputation from what I've been able to find online.

Just got an SX-750 for $5 today. All the lights work, knobs feel amazing. Haven't hooked it up yet. The rest of our A/V stuff is Pioneer from the 90's.

Where on earth did you score a SX-750 for $5???? Nice.

Elizabeth CO. It's working perfect and has now replaced our 90's pioneer receiver. We AB'd them earlier, brass on the 90's receiver sounded like it had a mute. We are very happy. :D

Back
Top Bottom