Who Has Vintage Pioneer Amps/Receivers?

I have an SX-1050 that I'm going to completely tear down and restore. It's gonna be a major project.

Proud owner of an SX-1050! A lot more power than I expected! Woah! Got to keep the volume knob no higher than about 1/4.

I've had an SX-3700 in the bedroom for a few months and love how it looks with the lights out. I use it every night before bed, and it sounds wonderful with headphones. It's my first Pioneer and has really impressed me for such a small inexpensive 45 wpc receiver.

I just inherited a beautiful looking SX-1250 from a friend who was using it for his home theater and wants a new HDMI receiver. Sadly the right channel cuts out from time to time, even after a good cleaning of all controls with deoxit. It's going on craig's list this weekend, and I'll surprise my buddy by giving him the proceeds for a new receiver.

Picked up a nice little SX-590 recently.

100_4008.JPG

I would like to join the club!
Strait of out of it's original box is my vintage 1977 Pioneer M22 "all Class-A" power amp from their Series 20 line in Japan. It doesn't have a silver face but does have a heavy die-cast silver metal platter!:thmbsp: I have never heard a pioneer amp/power section quite like this before..... 30 watts a channel of gorious pure class-A :music: though it seems more like 130 watts +... I just retired my higher wattage class a/b amps & recievers after hooking this up, as it was a no brainer for me when it came to sound quality and power. Just a phenomenal HUGE sound stage like what I have heard from many higher quality tube amps, but with the added bonus of Pioneer's classic solid state tonal qualities. Such as their deep rich bass and smooth brilliant highs which I so love, just on another level. Though many preamps sound good with this, I am currently using a Pioneer SA-9500 II as a preamp(lovely pre section indeed) and a Pioneer Tx-7500 tuner which I am soon to upgrade. (I put a cd next to the amp for scale)...I would highly recommend this to any pioneer collector if you can find one of these and at a reasonable price. A real rare treat! Especially for a classic pioneer fan such as myself.. Please excuse my endless writings....as I am just super excited to have this!

Simply amazing specs! Extremely wide power bandwidth 5Hz to 100kHz, both channels driven, 0.01% THD. The frequency response is an amazing 2Hz to 150kHz, + 0dB/1 dB at 1 watt, and the signal-to-noise ratio is a high 106 dB (IHF short-circuited A network." At its full power output of 30 watts into 8 ohms, this amp had no more than 0.01% THD between 10 Hz and 30kHz!

...Oh my,....camera flash sure lets you know when it's time to dust..:para:

100_1112.jpg

100_1118.jpg

Last edited:
A few

I was never into Pioneer until I started collecting vintage stuff. It says something for old school Japanese build quality that most of what I've found is still working.

SX-838
QX-747
SX-9930
SX-750
SX-990
SA-8500
SG-9500

I have WAY more Pioneer than any other brand...

That is one sweet looking receiver from yester year. They had a classic look all their own. The SX-1980 was one beast of a receiver too. I just got a Sansui G-8000 and while not as powerful as the 1980, it is 22" wide! They definitely don't make them like that anymore.

redjr...

Indeed, there is something very special about that era of monster receiver, both in terms of looks and sound!

SA-508...thats it :( Hopefully I can grow my collection....I got mine for my 16th birthday....last September :p

Took a while however this is my spec rig in my workshop. Under the knife is an SX-1980 in the midst of a rebuild and total recap.
-Lee

Attachments

• shopspec (600 x 450).jpg
    shopspec (600 x 450).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 30
I'll start fellas, I have a few Pioneer Beasts. A 1980, 1250, 1280, and 5590
I joined a new Pioneer Power Group created by my friend Cody, so if you own, have owned and love Pioneer Power, come join and let us keep the spirit of Vintage Pioneer History alive and well, Yeah! Add some pics to the group photo album for some viewing pleasure too!

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/group.php?groupid=77

SX-3800 in the office system.

Back
Top Bottom