Who irons your shirts

Henry Kloss

Or do you even own an iron, or anything that needs ironing. Today is my ironing day, all the cotton shirts that come out of the dryer looking like rags need to be ironed. Usually I wait until I only have a couple left.

My mom taught me to iron when I started buying my own clothes, a skill that apparently is dying. My wife couldn't iron a shirt if she tried. Anyway back to it, 5 more to go.

I iron daily, but only what I need for the next work day. Wife's an ironing superstar (used to work at a dry cleaner), though we argue about ironing techniques. Unfortunately our teens are clueless.

I do, and so does my wife. My mom taught me starting with ironing the shirt inside-out first! I'll iron them damp or spray them but I don't like starch.

I prefer non-permanent-press all-cotton shirts but it's getting harder to find them at reasonable prices in specific neck and sleeve dimensions. Even the local Brooks Brothers store has nothing but no-iron. Luckily I don't really feel like wearing good shirts to work as they'll just get trashed eventually. So department-store brands or name-brand on-sale in no-iron is what I usually buy. Even so, they can always stand a good touch-up with an iron.

I purchased a new dryer 4 years ago, and it has some wrinkle free setting that sort of works, long as you take clothes right out of the dryer and don't let them sit in there. The few wrinkles that are present come out with a quick steam. So I've given up ironing, yea I don't get the sharp creases, but wrinkles are minimal.

I have only a few that really need it. Some of the no-iron ones are better than others. So, I may fire up the iron once a month or less.

I iron my own shirts, but, as I've been 'retired' for a while, I don't have to do it very often, anymore...

I iron my own clothes. Have always done so, since my Mum taught me. Got into Laurastar Swiss made steam stations and there's no going back. They are awesome.

I iron my own clothes, although I'd avoid it if I can. You'd think we have truly iron-free clothes by now.

I'm single and owns a Panasonic steam iron

Hmmm lots of poorly dressed people here or what? Those of you who don't iron, what about when you put on a nice casual collared shirt to go out to dinner or something? You can't wear T-Shirts everywhere. I'm not a snob and I'd say 80% of my clothes are T's but I do own some nice collared dress shirts (short and long sleeve) that would look appalling without ironing. I also have work shirts that require ironing.

So yes, I do iron, usually just before I wear it and I'm proud to say I do a pretty decent job :thumbsup:

@Homer4beer
yeah,...I sort of missed a crucial step. They get tossed in the dryer, and tumbled at heat, for just as long as it takes to get them hung; like 5 minutes at heat.
We're so blasted expensive for power here that we tend to dry just about everything this way; all electric house.

I iron my "good" jeans. I try to iron shirts, but it takes me an hour per shirt! So, my wife feels pity for me and will iron them. She refuses to iron my jeans, though.

Back
Top Bottom