Who is going to this Ohio estate sale? WOW!

Holy smokes!
What a collection!

I'm in Fla....but thanks for posting the link, cool stuff.

What is that monster receiver in pic #10 left side middle of stack? WoW!

Looks like a Pioneer SX1280 in same pic, bottom right corner.

The monster receiver in the middle is a Toshiba.........I used to have one. :)

Wow, this sale is incredible.

I would need like 5 clones of myself to get all the junk I wanted lol -- Look at all the video game stuff & speakers & old silver SS/tubes

That house looks like my house will probably look in 20 years' time, if things continue the way they are going.......

So....did anyone make it to the sale?
A friend in Minnesota gave me the heads up about this sale, and I'm in Missouri. Apparently this sale is on the radar of many people.

This is a private listing, not a sale run by liquidators. Prices may not be that great unless the seller doesn't care anymore.

My bet? Absolute mayhem as the house is rampaged while the family stands by in shock. Unless they've planned for it they will have a lot of small item theft, chaos, and mess. Discounting the audio gear; the game systems, vintage computers, and cameras will be an MMA zone. The knife, razor, and Redline Hot Wheels case will be too.

If closer I'd almost consider braving it for the Civil War socket bayonet, oddball fighting knife, Marbles skinner, tiger lockback & horn scale picklock, & maybe the straights. The standout is the blue porcelain enamel shade, it's a nice one. Need to ditch the repop wire guard and clean off the blue paint on the socket holder though -

1.jpg

1.jpg

Fighter on far right is a real odd duck. Reminiscent of WW2 Dutch but it isn't Dutch -

1.jpg
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

With all the threads caterwauling about how unfair the pricing is at thrifts, and how the Asian market is sucking up everything, and how it is so unfair competing with the evil flippers...here is a perfect example of how zero people(seemingly) actually buy something at a tag sale.

Some people here actually do buy at these sales, and get to spend lots of time enjoying the hobby, rather than complaining about the high cost of everything these days.

With all the threads caterwauling about how unfair the pricing is at thrifts, and how the Asian market is sucking up everything, and how it is so unfair competing with the evil flippers...here is a perfect example of how zero people(seemingly) actually buy something at a tag sale.

Some people here actually do buy at these sales, and get to spend lots of time enjoying the hobby, rather than complaining about the high cost of everything these days.

Thrifts, although not a complete waste, aren't what they once were. The Savers around me have in-store help-wanted flyers that specify employees have first crack and a discount on donations coming in the back door. Anything decent that shows up on the floor is by complete accident. Goodwill vets everything and sends better pieces to auction, and the private thrifts do too. The biggest issue for all of these stores is to decide whom their customer is. If they keep culling "deals" at some point their foot-traffic will decline. There are only so many buyers for Scene-It DVD and stained/melted Tupperware.

Back
Top Bottom