Who Likes homemade ice cream?

mr clean

Im smoking some ribs and brisket for my free day and going to cool it down with some ice ceam!! Bad boy I know. I have a great recipe. 2 Cups sugar, 1 tbs vanilla, Two 12 oz cans evaporated milk, One 14oz can eagle brand milk, 4 eggs. whole milk. Use a blender to mix. Its paula deans recipe. Try it you will love it! Just mix everything with alittle milk. Pour in the maker and fill to line with milk. That last part was for the rookies as I'm sure most could figure that out.

In the 60's, we had an Annual Ice Cream Supper in town. Rows of 5 gallon cedar looking buckets with electric motors on top....almost as good as sex.

We have dairy goats and their milk is sweet and dense. My wife makes chocolate ice cream that is more like some form of brownie batter- so good you wish you could eat more, but it's just too rich!

Sounds great! The ffa boys from school made some chocolate using 18 percent fat buttermilk. It was great. I don't like butter milk either. I sometimes add 2 cups of cream and you know its perfect if you experience a mild heart attack!

Ribs and brisket update. 5 hours in and all is well. ribs need another hour maybe. Brisket will be awhile. MAN I LOVE FOOD!. I will eat the brisket tomorrow.

Wife's ice cream recipe (alot like yours) and fresh wild blackberries hand picked from a local river bank.

icecream.jpg

So can one of you answer this question for me? Sometimes when I make homemade ice cream it turns out perfect but sometimes when I make it I get what seems like a coating of grease (fat) on the roof of your mouth. Have any of you experienced that? It's one of the reasons I hesitate to make it because all that cream and strawberries isn't cheap and the effort is not small either. It might be a great idea for this weekend with lots of family here.

We'd make ice cream with mangos from a tree in the back yard. They were the smaller variety, very sweet. Best I/C ever!!

I made a batch today-strawberry. I just have a manual bucket, it takes about 45 minutes of cranking but it's worth it. It will be appreciated for Easter dinner tomorrow.

I love homemade ice cream and haven't had it for many years. I did buy a used maker that looks unused at a yard sale last fall and will give it a go this summer. Brain freeze!

Back
Top Bottom