1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Who made Fisher tube era transformers

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by stormking, Jul 13, 2018.

1. stormking

stormking Active Member

Anyone know who made Fishers tube power transformers, specifically for the 55A model? Any help would be appreciated.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Catmanboo

Catmanboo AK Subscriber Subscriber

I think somewhere in the fisher stickies is a list, by numbers, who made what when. I'm sure larryderouin will shine light on this after he sees your post. He seems to have all that info, as he decoded the iron in my 500c's. That guy, along with Dave Gillespie & a few others, are walking encyclopedias.

3. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Afaik, Todd made the ones in at least some of the 1950s console chassis.

4. notdigital

notdigital AK Subscriber Subscriber

5. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

Look on the Endbells for a 6 or 7 digit number with a 2nd row of numbers below it. If they are on the Transformer endbells write them down and post here. The 1st line is the EIA Code (manufacturer ID and Week/year built) with 2nd line usually an internal Part #. The eia code breakes down to 3 digit being the manufacturer ID, and the last 4 being the week and year code. Fairly easy to decode.

6. tubeactive

tubeactive AK Subscriber Subscriber

The tranny company Todd Electric, famous for their opt iron in Fairchild and Fisher, as well as early stereo era Madison Fielding gear will have an EIA # beginning with 926----Usually, the Todd opts are super fine, very HiFi items...

Pio1980 likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.