Who made the best...

Who made the best "All-In-One" cheap-crap stereo?

• Lloyds

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • SoundDesign

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Yorx

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • Emerson

Votes: 25 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't remember the brand of the one I had. It was a record player changer, 8-track, and radio all in one. I vaguely remember what it looked like, kind of weird angular face, giant smoked purple-y cover over the record player...

I had an RCA all-in-one back around 1970 that performed nicely...even had a magnetic cartridge! Un-upgradeable, since it was mounted like a ceramic cart. Must've had 20-25 WPC, with 8" 2-ways with rubber surround woofers. Still have the speaks. Can't recall brands, but I've seen others with BSR TTs with Shure mag carts mounted...a cut above the usual all-in-ones.

Bose? :D

Many of the stereo sets in this thread was what college students would have in their dorm rooms. "Disposable stereos", something to not freak out over if it gets trashed or stolen.

I remember seeing magazine ads for Zenith "The Wedge" stereos. The name didn't sound too appealing as I heard of people getting "wedgeies" and wasn't sure what that was, but whatever it was, it wasn't desirable.

I had a Panasonic, it played cassette, 8 track, vinyl records, had an AM/FM tuner, and all in Quad!
It did everything, but didn't do anything very well.

The better ones I remember were Centrex by Pioneer, and another by Superscope. My father was a sucker for all-in-ones. He had some from Juliette, Hitachi, Sony, and Pioneer. Thankfully, all of them wound up at the e-cycler after sitting in a barn for ten years or so.

My first stereo was a Sanyo all-in-one with 8-track recorder and BSR changer with Shure cartridge. Grandma got it out of the attic and gave it to me when I was in sixth grade. Finally threw it out five years ago when one channel went bad.

Back
Top Bottom