Who made the Lafayette line of receivers?

tuberadios69

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Just curious who manufactured the old Lafayette receivers. We do know that Pioneer made most of Allied Radio's better receivers including the 355, 399, popular 395, 435, 490, 495 and 498.
The Lafayette LR1000 and LR1500TA were popular in the day and tested well in the day's stereo magazines but who made them? The later, more distinguished looking models like the LR1100 and, the quad LR4000 and LR5000 looked like they may have come from a different supplier. Someone once said Luxman but somehow I doubt that. Any ideas?

Fantastic! Thanks! Pretty interesting threads and I do appreciate your providing them. Never ever heard of Planet Research (OEM supplier) but remember Setton from the late 70's and certainly Luxman. I also didn't know Alpine OEM'd home electronics.

So,
My 1974 LR-3500 is Planet Research or Luxman. I had tracked it down to Planet Research but I can't site the source, so......
And my 1970 LR-1500A is Trio or Planet Research. I had tracked it down to Trio but can't site the source, so.......
In any case they are both very good.

Back
Top Bottom