Who needs to wait for another Blade Runner? I have "Altered Carbon" on Netflix...

Yep, we caught the teaser last night we flipped on Netflix -
we're currently watching the end of Season 2 of Continuum
(we skipped it when 1st run on SciFi) ...
Gives me something to look forward to in late Feb ...!

This is good news. Richard K. Morgan's Takesi Kovacs trilogy is excellent. If this series does the first novel justice it will be top ten worthy.

Last edited:
Holy Cow!!!!!, WOW!!! Here we have a series that combines elements of Blade Runner, Ghost in A Shell, and the Tekwar TV series. This is my one of my ideas of great science fiction. The is the dark world of Blade Runner, elements of cyber-punk, and suspended lives story arc of Telwar.

Finally we are starting to see science fiction that is dead serious in telling a story of a possible future that could well happen.

After seeing the previews was thinking the same, very Blade Runner-esque..which is cool

It's extremely Blade Runner-esque and I like that. Finished ep4 last night and my wife and I are hooked. I've been reading some of the non-spoiler commentary on reddit about it and it is the same way as The Expanse. It is not 100% adhering to the books and therefore either total crap or quite good depending on the level of fan-boi-ness.

It's extremely Blade Runner-esque and I like that. Finished ep4 last night and my wife and I are hooked. I've been reading some of the non-spoiler commentary on reddit about it and it is the same way as The Expanse. It is not 100% adhering to the books and therefore either total crap or quite good depending on the level of fan-boi-ness.

Based on what I've read here have the impression that The Expanse closely follows the books.

I'm still only a few episodes in, and enjoying it. I have to quibble a bit, though. This is a very derivative work. Parts and pieces from all sorts of SCiFi works abound; Blade Runner - I, Robot - Avatar, etc. Ideas from Asimov, William Gibson, Bruce Sterling, etc. That doesn't mean I don't like it, as it's pretty entertaining. Sci Fi TV series seem to be awfully difficult to bring to market. Limited number of viewers, I suppose. So I'm not upset that this story tries to have it all. If it brings interesting Sci Fi to the screen, count me in.

Back
Top Bottom