Who took this time to change their avatar?

I switched; it was time for a change.

Don't have the old image handy, but it was two Pioneer flouroscan meter integrated amps in a dark room.

I decided to take one frame of my animated .gif avatar and make it into a static .jpeg until such time as The Powers That Be get to enabling animations again. Heaven knows they have enough on their hands already. I can wait :)

No! I like my avatar and as 4-2-7 points out, I recognize other people on here by their avatars more readily than by their names. I think many of us are the same, so I'll leave mine for consistency's sake unless I piss off too many people and need to alter my identity. In the meantime, I'll have to get around to re-sizing the picture as I seem to have lost a third of a dog in the format change.

Last edited:
I just "letterboxed" mine so it would fit the format (the sides wouldn't get cropped off).

Regards,
Gordon.

This is a test.

Posted in another forum and I had a pretty cool avatar I have never seen before, and have no idea where it came from.

Found this thread as a result and will see what shows when I hit "post".

Yep. There it is!

No clue where that avatar came from.

Is this a new freebie I missed being mentioned?

Anyone else got a new avatar without moving a pinky?

I might keep it. For awhile.

image.jpeg
That all sounded pretty FUBAR. What avatar were you getting?

It's happening again.
That all sounded pretty FUBAR. What avatar were you getting?

I got this when I posted yesterday. And it's back. It disappeared and my old avatar returned. Only thing else I can say is I had to login ., after being logged in and I know that because I started in barter town.

To clarify. I was directed to login when I went post originally in this thread. I had just clicked over from barter town to this thread. I logged in to post that my avatar was new and inexplicable. I'm not sure when my original avatar returned but reviewing this thread I think after my first or second post.

Right now my funky unexplained avatar is showing?!?

I'm with my ancient avatar from when I signed up. I normally use Gravatar though. One change there, and it changes on all the sites I'm registered at with a matching email address. (Hopefully it'll be enabled here one of these days. ;) ) Quite handy, as I keep a gallery of a couple dozen images uploaded there, and can make a few clicks to change them over.

Bonus points if anyone recognizes my avatar (and better yet, who can name the photographer)...

I did, but just for Halloween
719.jpg

Check please!........

Back
Top Bottom