Who turned the heat up

LARRY PRIESTMAN

:wtf: happend to this country.
The heat is just too much
its 20.38 in the everning and the temp is 89 indoors and 84 out side(no air con here) It was 112(going by my digital themometer) in the sun and 97.5 in the shade. And it was 99 inside
at 2 this afternoon.
Give me rain anyday

Last edited:
Well the rest of the world is getting a taste of what we in South Texas get every summer. The big difference is we are use to it and have made adjustments; i.e. air condition everything. :D

My daughter is in the south of France and she is dying. Their house is not air conditioned and the typical temp for this time of year is in the 70's. So the 90 degree temps are almost to much to handle.

I can tell you now I have never seen or sufferd this kind of heat before as you may know the heat in this country is not a dry heat it is the sticky humid type(bloody horrable).

come on this is the UK for Gods sake.
This just don't happen. Thank GOD

Last edited:
Larry- Welcome to E. Tennessee late April-mid Sept !! That's exactly what we get. Had any good hellacious thunderstorms to go with it ? It's fun wakin' up in the mornin', taking a shower & never really drying off, ain't it ?!? HehHehHeh.... -Sandy G.

Frankfurt was hot and humid last week. Stayed on an upper floor of the Holiday Inn downtown, and watched a wicked thunderstorm at about 0110 hrs. Couldn't sleep anyway. Lot of tall buildings downtown Frankfurt, and watching the lightning strikes from the room was right out of Ghostbusters.

Ended up going downstairs at about 0500, and had breakfast with a BOAC crew. Ugly stews man!

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

I am spoiled by my weather too, I know how it is. We got to 94
degrees in June. Thought I'd get a heat stroke at work. It was 105 inside. Usually @55 Dec. 25th and 65 June 25th. Today
63 degrees with a nice 5-10mph breeze in through the Golden Gate. What's a snow shovel anyway?:eek:

Carl

Who you kidding mon? The coldest thing a person can do is go to an autumn night game at Candlestick Park! That wind coming off the bay is an attention-getter. Born on "The Presidio", raised in Brooklyn.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Pff. you guys r whinin. here in hawaii im sweatin my eyes out. its 90 everyday which for here is pretty hot. and of course its like 100% humidity. AND to top that all off, i just started school again so its even hotter because i have no escape and to top THAT off, i have P.E. this year and i might die out there! I liked it on the coast of oregon, and cali when i was there. a nice 60 degrees. AHhh.. perfect!

Yeah, July can be one miserable cold,windy,wet, not rainy month.
"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco"
has some truth to it.
My Dad used to have some good ones about growing up in Minneapolis though.
Carl

Haoleb ain't kidding you guys! He lives in Kona so it must be freakin hot!
Here on Oahu, we have a water shortage cause it's been so dry, but the humidity seems like about 100%! Dark, low clouds everyday but no freakin rain!:mad:
CarlV, I wish I was Sausalito right now :D

Here in the upper midwest it's hot in the summer (100 + deg), and cold in the winter (-15 deg).

We pretty much get it a taste of all 4 seasons.

Cold winter with snow:mad: , ....cool spring and everything turns green:ntwrthy:, ....hot (and humid) summers:cool:, .....turns cool during the changing leaves of the fall:sadwave:.

It's been hot, dry, and humid this summer. Love that air conditioning!;)

Guess I like the spring about the best. (no more winter!!):uzi:

One thing I do like is it's sunny and bright here most of the time, rarely cloudy. (except when the tornados come through !!:( :zoom: :zoom: :pity: :yikes: :worried:

Last edited:
this year has been an odd one...that's for sure. I'm still enjoying spring/early summer type weather here in Illinois. :D

Shain...a month and a half ago (or so) we had one of our lovely tornado's bounce right over our house. The neighbor saw it coming down the court right for our houses...then he went in the basement (I was already in the basement with my daughter). That was actually a small one...but it did manage to rip a roof off of an apartment building and some other miscellaneous damage to houses...nothing like the Tornado we had in '90...eek.

:grnbounce Hey Larry:beer:

I grew up in Minnesota, where the summers are hot and humid, and the winters are C-O-L-D. Sometimes in the summer during hot spells, the coils on the A/C will frost over to the point where you have to shut it off for an houir or so. That's why we Minnesotans drink so much beer.:beerchug:

On the other end, I played a gig once where the temp was -33F, with a wind chill of -99F and we had to go start our cars every break to keep the antifreeze from turning to slush and popping out a frost plug or two. THAT'S dedication.:guitar: :rockon:

Now I live in southern CA via Bay area, Dallas and Atlanta. 100+ isn't unusual here, but we're prepared for it, and well, you can iimagine how outrageous our electric bills are.:jawdrop:

I'll break the chain and sympathize with you. That sort of heat/humidity combo is miserable if you're not used to it. Heck, it's miserable even if you ARE used to it.:twak:

:D George:cool:

Larry- I'm totally in sympathy w/you- that kind of heat must be murder if you're not used to it. It will certainly wear you out putting up with it all day long-you can't breathe, yr clothes are sticky, everyone's in a foul mood, etc, etc. I think it's worse if you go back & forth between aircon & non-aircon & God help you if you have to wear a suit & tie all day in that heat.-Sandy G.

This is such a nice place to live. NO EARTH QUAKES,NO TORNADOS,
NO MONSOONS, NO TIDAL WAVES. none of those volcanos things
(HOW ANY ONE CAN LIVE UNDER ONE OF THOSE IS BEHOND ME)
all I can say is fair play to em.
We do have a lot of rain and very green fields and lovely trees.
We also have a lot of polution due to being a small country.
But I blaim that on that guy henry from uncle sam.
as ya do. hehehe. :banana:

but only if they are made of cardboard and served in bloody
paper and polystarine by kids who could not give a sh!t how to serve and preper :puke2:

Last edited:
Well here in colorado we have set a record for the most days over 90 in this part but at least this year half the state is not
trying to burn itself to the ground!

Canadian Weather

Consider myself pretty lucky up here in the far north. We get our hot weather but nothing like a lot of you guys. Got central air about two weeks ago love it. Living by Lake Superior helps moderate the hot weather.

Now in the winter we consider -10 F a heatwave.:eek: In fact as young males we're taught that if we take a pee outside in the winter to be quick as the urine will freeze right up inside.;)

Back
Top Bottom