Who turned the heat up

Hey BigMacc ever dare anyone to stick their tongue to steel pipe?

When my big brother was younger he dared his friend to stick his tongue to the drawbar of the tractor.He was stuck solid.
An old guy that hung out with dad on the farm chewed tobacco,he spit on the tongue and it became unstuck he didn't loose any skin.

This friend of my brothers didn't have much luck with tractors,he dated a girl who eventually left him for a tractor salesman. Two weeks later he got a John Deere letter.

Alan

5th or 6th straight day of rain and gloom here in the northeast. I have mushrooms the size of canteloupes growing on my lawn, in places that never receive any shade. Bad sign. More fungus to come.

Almond, Toasted/MSgt, USAF

Hey George R

You can stop the frost on the coil by having a sight glass, and TEV (thermal expansion valve) installed in your system. (and have the system properly charged)

The sight glass will show if the system has a low freon charge.
(just like on a car's system)

TEV's are put on commercial freon systems, but for some reason the residential systems don't have them installed, unless someone that knows about refrigeration asks for a TEV to be added.

The system will run a LOT better, and last longer. I guess if everyone had one , then there wouldn't be a lot of service calls???

Another way to increase the efficiency of a new system is to install a larger "A coil" (evaporator coil on the furnance blower)

For example, if you house requires a 3 ton system, then install a 3 ton condensing unit out side, but install a 3 1/2 or 4 ton coil on the furnance.
The overall effiency of the system will be increased.

The manufactures of of higher efficeincy systems, don't really tell you, but they are doing the same thing.

Also a low freon charge can cause evaporator coil to frost over.

Its still bloody hot and has been for the last week and the temp is 93.5 in here and there will be hose pipe bans soon as they are asking to conserve water. Transport system is now starting breaking down ie: buckling of the railway lines roads melting
soon they will be saying we got fires. People die over here because of the heat mainly older people.
I'm thinking about getting portable air conditioning for next year
because this is not funny anymore.
we are all as rattie as hell with one another including the kids
all 4 of them and the misses.
no not funny:blah:

Its been cooling down a little LITTLE bit the last couple days here. probbly because the trade winds picked up and its been cloudy. When i was in oregon and it was around 107 or so i was constantly thinking to myself. why do people live in places like this. I mean, its not like there isint anywhere else to live. but they go there. amazing. but, all the better cos that just means thats just that much less people crowding someplace good where i will want to go.

it was the hotest day ever. The new record is now 38.1c or 100.6f
that is today we have got to go through tomorrow yet.
And these records go back hundreds and hundreds of years:gigglemad :smilemad:

Is Paris burning? Or what? I hear it has been cooking people there too. Well I missed a 107 day here at home while I was travelling around the mountains of Mass, Vt, Me & NH. The air got so bad the warning was purple which means it would kill healthy SUV drivers as well as little old ladies who were already dying from the heat.
Hopefully it dried up a few mosquitoe pools as, you guessed it, West Nile Virus is in my neigborhood. I mean the same zip code, which in Dallas is not a large area.
The world is a dangerous place.:uzi:

Back
Top Bottom