Who was the genius that greenlit a movie about killing a world leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not willing to acquiesce to North Korea on anything.

Certainly not on a film made by a company who is abiding by the laws of the land and seen by an audience at their pleasure or not.

What would be next on the inevitable slippery slope? North Korea does not like our textbooks that describe their leaders as the viscous savages they are? Do they object to our reports on their daily human rights abuses?

Release the damn movie. I will go to a theater for the first time in a year to see it.

Perfect.

Certainly not on a film made by a company who is abiding by the laws of the land and seen by an audience at their pleasure or not.

What would be next on the inevitable slippery slope? North Korea does not like our textbooks that describe their leaders as the viscous savages they are? Do they object to our reports on their daily human rights abuses?

Release the damn movie. I will go to a theater for the first time in a year to see it.

so true....I believe the Hollyweird bunch needed to pay the random to protect themselves. This is unusual for them since there have been so many “out of the box” directions taken by them for the sake of art and free speech. Now they do a 360 and go the other way...snort....

yeah, I am not keen on Sony backing down to threats - but after watching The End earlier this year I'm not in the spirit to go see any more Seth Rogen/James Franco films ... They have the right to make films, but just as I don't care for Adam Sandler, I don't care for Rogen movies either.

I heard on the news last night how other movies studios had begged Sony to kill the film's release as they figured moviegoers for their Christmas Season releases might stay out of the theaters due to the threats against The Interview ... so apparently it wasn't just Sony's decision ...

I thought this thread would be closed by this point.

Jay Thomas on CNN stated that it was right to make the movie because Jong-Un is crazy. Well, NKorea thinks the same thing about America. Who's correct?

You're serious with this question? It's certainly useful to consider multiple perspectives, and I'm not suggesting that the USA is always in the right, but come on, dude....are you really taking the position that the North Korean regime is rational, or valid, or representative of their population? This is not a disagreement with valid points on both sides...this is a psychopath with delusions of grandeur trying to hold the world hostage.

I think the jury is still out on whether or not he's as crazy as his father. Just ruler? No, he's a feudal monarch. Lunatic? Not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious...which are the bad races of people?

I think you're reading way too much into that. But nice effort in trying to troll me.

My point is that there's no fundamental difference between North and South Korean people. They're the same race of people, same blood, same culture same language etc etc. One half lives in misery and hunger under brutal dictatorship. The other half lives with affluence, freedom and happiness.

It shows you how fleeting freedom can be. Korea is the best example of how ideology can ruin generations of peoples lives. It's a better example that the US vs Russia, there are so many fundamental differences between culture rather than just the ideology of how their economy is based.

Last edited:
I think you're reading way too much into that. But nice effort in trying to troll me.

My point is that there's no fundamental difference between North and South Korean people. They're the same race of people, same blood, same culture same language etc etc. One half lives in misery and hunger under brutal dictatorship. The other half lives with affluence, freedom and happiness.

It shows you how fleeting freedom can be. Korea is the best example of how ideology can ruin generations of peoples lives. It's a better example that the US vs Russia, there are so many fundamental differences between culture rather than just the ideology of how their economy is based.

And I think that any attribution of characteristics - be they good or bad - to a "race" perpetuates attitudes that are not useful to our ability to peacefully coexist.

Being offended by, or disagreeing with someone's post is trolling? If so, I assume that you have "trolled" me?

And I think that any attribution of characteristics - be they good or bad - to a "race" perpetuates attitudes that are not useful to our ability to peacefully coexist.

Being offended by, or disagreeing with someone's post is trolling? If so, I assume that you have "trolled" me?

Good does not mean there also has to be bad.

Mmmm Good ice cream. Can this exist only if there is bad ice cream?

Mmm Good beer, etc.

Go back to Huffington Post

Good does not mean there also has to be bad.

Mmmm Good ice cream. Can this exist only if there is bad ice cream?

Mmm Good beer, etc.

Go back to Huffington Post

By nature, it's the contrast that makes something "good".
If it's all "good" then it's not really "good", it just "IS".

Now we're veering into Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance territory.

Agreed.

I don't agree that there has to be contrast for something to be good at all.

I don't like the insinuation that I am some sort of racist that is being dropped by a certain troll because I said that I thought the Koreans were a good race of people. The wider point that I was trying to make is that one country, one race of people, once culture, one language was divided after the Korean war and the sheer differences that there are now between what was the same country is remarkable and goes to show how differing ideologies can make or break a country.

In fact he ought to apologize to me and take his ridiculous handwringing elsewhere before the thread gets closed.

Agreed.

I don't agree that there has to be contrast for something to be good at all.

I don't like the insinuation that I am some sort of racist that is being dropped by a certain troll because I said that I thought the Koreans were a good race of people. The wider point that I was trying to make is that one country, one race of people, once culture, one language was divided after the Korean war and the sheer differences that there are now between what was the same country is remarkable and goes to show how differing ideologies can make or break a country.

In fact he ought to apologize to me and take his ridiculous handwringing elsewhere before the thread gets closed.

I understood your point. Just because The Leader is a whacko doesn't mean the people are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom