Who would have ever thought

Bully provided the signpost which pointed me here in late 2002/early 2003. EchoWars provided the information and helpfulness which hooked me. I lurked for at least 8 months, then decided that I wanted to post when I bought a Yamaha C2x preamp. I really have a pair of Altec Valencias to thank for it all. Before buying them in December 2002, I'd never surfed the internet. Due to the fact that they are particularly rare in Australia combined with the fact that in 2002/2003 there wasn't much, if any, discussion of them in the mainstream print media I was forced by necessity to look online for information about what I had just bought. Bully had posted on Audio Asylum(under the moniker of 'Pete the Bully'). At the bottom of his post was a link to AK.

I actually love this site. There have been some wonderful, informative, funny, touching discussions over the years. Lots of really nice people have come and gone. Many I miss to this day. When they fade off I bid them well in my heart. AK is my internet audio home, despite the fact that I post on a lot of fora, compared to here I'm hardly into 3 digit figures on the other sites. Mostly I'm a member of other sites to read and learn. AK gets the misfortune of being the place where I shovel the shit out of what masquerades as a brain.

Been here since Oct 2nd 2004, I was researching info on a set of Altec Model 7's. Feel like I forgot most of what I learned the first few years. Thanks for still being here when I got back from my other hobbies.

I'm 15,3003:(

But I started at the end of 2012, and we added over 100,000 members in that time...

I remember one of my first longest threads I started, I was fixing up some JBL L250s. Another member said Coagulation, I said for what? he replied for #427 post that matches your user name. Now I'm heading onto #20,000, a count I never imagined would happen.

I think you got the coma in the wrong spot, should read 153,003.

I don't know if I should praise this site or cuss it, as I have sure spent my share of free time seeing what others have to say, and putting my two cents worth in. I wish I got paid hourly for the time I spent here. :D

First, AK is awesome. And second... it's so obvious that the best way to celebrate year 15 is with a big glass of MEAD!

I think you got the coma in the wrong spot, should read 153,003.

I don't know if I should praise this site or cuss it, as I have sure spent my share of free time seeing what others have to say, and putting my two cents worth in. I wish I got paid hourly for the time I spent here. :D
LOL true on both counts.

First, AK is awesome. And second... it's so obvious that the best way to celebrate year 15 is with a big glass of MEAD!
Are we going to have problems with you latter, say in about 3 hours?:D

Yah....

Just think how happy Carnival Cruise lines would be, call it the Audiophile Cruise and it could last for an entire year with different members for a week at a time. But of course not all would be interested, be lucky to fill one cruise.

Sleepless in Seattle !!!

I'm she sick n can't go :(

I'm not a number. I'm Audiokarma member #257331. What a lovely place. Hope it stays around for another 15

Greetings from 63°North

I came in 2011 when I started trying to thin the collection, I was looking for info on a pair of Fairchild "50's " which were actually 260's.
I found so many interesting people and so much information, I was hooked, when AK went or, goes down I feel the withdrawal pains soon.

Discussions: 697,724
Members: 226,926

Who would have thought that just 15 short years ago it would grow in to this. Here's to another 15

Dave
As a newcomer, here since earlier this year, I understand why AK has stood the test. I only have one question: how many subscribers are there?

I'm 15,3003:(

But I started at the end of 2012, and we added over 100,000 members in that time...

I remember one of my first longest threads I started, I was fixing up some JBL L250s. Another member said Coagulation, I said for what? he replied for #427 post that matches your user name. Now I'm heading onto #20,000, a count I never imagined would happen.
Search as hard as I can, I still can't find a member number on my profile page. Care to help an old guy out?

Back
Top Bottom