Who's content with their rig?

I put my system together with help+ info from this site. Marantz 2325,Sota moonbeam,Shure V15VMXR,Morel MLP 403.5,NAD C542 Micro-Seki MB-14,ShureM97XE. I am content with it. Till Something better comes along at a dirt cheap price I'm done,For now,I think,Maybe. Maybe buy a new turntable. V.I.P,Better Sota,Clear audio,maybe,I think. Oh! did the clamps,Vibrapods,Hockey pucks,Cork,speaker stands,Stylus gauge,Alignment protractor,Topped off with a Nitty Gritty 1.5Fi record cleaning machine and stuff from Disc Doctor, new lp sleeves. I'm content I think,Maybe :scratch2: :scratch2: :smoke:

i'm quite content with my main rig. if there is weak point, it would be the CDP, but its good enough that i'm not looking for a replacement.

lately i've found myself spending alot of time listening to the setup in my daughters bedroom. i am very content with this setup, and very impressed.

Sonic Impact T-Amp @15wpc
TDS202 Sound Enhancer
Pioneer SA-7100 as pre-amp
B&O 2400 TT
Coby DVD\CDP
ADS L-810

this system really shines, not the most accurate setup, but the sound is so sweet! the playback from the Coby CDP is suprisingly good, and vinyl is stellar.

I'm actually pretty content right now; haven't changed anything for 3 months, and there's nothing I'm thinking about changing (except maybe the disc that's playing ...)

I haven't been content or satisfied with my system since 1974. Of course in 1974 I was usually stoned enough that a transistor radio sounded like the philharmonic.

cubdog

I've kinda adopted the attitude of Leonard Bernstein (no, the one that made Norman Labs!)...

Any effort spent toward improving what I can experience right now would be tantamount to looking at my johnson through a magnifying glass; encouraging, but in the main no more useful in a practical sense.

I miss that guy.

Can it sound better?

I love the way my mains sound... :yes:

Alas, I am addicted and always searching for improvements! :thmbsp:

Regards,

Ken:guitar:

Well maybe????

jpciii said:
I want a nice CD player, then I will be content... at least for a few years.

Probably more like a couple of months? :scratch2: Love this hobby but like to hold onto stuff. Want more :naughty:

Eric

Count me in. I'm the happiest I've been in a long time with my setup(s). Are there things I want? Sure! Does that mean it will make a real difference in the quality of sound coming from the stereo? Probably not. Still...curiosity gets the best of me sometimes.

I am happy with what I have now, Pioneer Elite stuff in the main system with JBL L100 Centurys, Mac 4100 with Energy 22 Reference in the bedroom. That happiness, however, is qualified. I haven't heard anything that sounds better lately. As soon as I do, I will be unhappy and spending more money. One hell of a hobby, huh?

Well, I WAS content. In fact, for a long time I didn't even post because I was too busy listening to music. Now I sold my amps and preamp because, like a dick, I went on to the Bottlehead website after over a year of not looking and.... FOREPLAY 3!!! GOtta have it. The Seduction phono...gotta have it... Parabees with these new 300B tubes that just came out....

"""sigh"" I'm sick.

I am content with my main system ... but everything at my house is always in a state of evolution ... there are so many systems that I want to setup and listen to .....

Our house is a very fine house ... with two cats in the yard ........ :lmao:

hey it was playing ...waddya want :D

Yup, totally. After all these years, I've finally reached the point where more money spent wouldn't give me any measurable increase in sonic perfection. Now I can concentrate on the music.
Ah, bliss!

Tom

Well, it's funny that I would have started this thread today. I believe I have made my system that I was content with this morning even better. After a frightening incident with a blown fuse (detailed in another post elsewhere) I have hooked a Sansui 2000A to my main system. In other words, only the speakers remain from what was my main system just 24 hours ago. Once again, I think this amp sounds better than the Kenwood. Now that is coming from a guy who thought all amps sounded the same. The difference, if it exists, is subtle, but man, I sure believe I hear a difference.

Ed

I'm content with the sound of my systems. I feel great that I can even own some decent quality gear. However, I still enjoy trying out new equipment and swapping components around. There are things that I would like to have and when the time is right, I'll be able to get them. Maybe they'll be better, maybe not, but that's what I enjoy about the hobby.

Still no replies by keeps gear less then a day, I mean WhiteSE. He must be busy buying more gear :)

I'm happy for the moment. I have the TD-124 running a Yammy MC cart into the Yammy R-9 into a pair of Mc ML-1C's. I could live with this sound a long time, though I am wondering what it will sound like using the Stromberg-Carlson 444 tube amp section and the Yammy as a pre. And then through the Mach 1's with the Shure 91ED cart and then the H/K 930 and Yammy switched around as pre and amps....... Crap, guess I am satisfied, but want to still experiment. :D Maybe I'm not content :smoke:

I think i was happy with it! :scratch2:

My "reference" system has been in storage for the last 3 years unitl i could have a room dedicated to it. Well, we moved house last week so things will be moving along on that front in the next few weeks. :banana:

Will let you know if it's as good as i remember it to be when i crank it up!

Fast_Eddie said:
Well, it's funny that I would have started this thread today. I believe I have made my system that I was content with this morning even better. After a frightening incident with a blown fuse (detailed in another post elsewhere) I have hooked a Sansui 2000A to my main system. In other words, only the speakers remain from what was my main system just 24 hours ago. Once again, I think this amp sounds better than the Kenwood. Now that is coming from a guy who thought all amps sounded the same. The difference, if it exists, is subtle, but man, I sure believe I hear a difference.

Ed

You, my friend, are an audiophile! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Fast_Eddie said:
Hi Guys,

As I sit here this morning listening to Neil Young I have a strange feeling coming over me. I'm totally content with this set up! Listening to my DCM Timewindows and Kenwood KR 7400. The thing that surprises me is that the addition that put it over the top for me was my newly discovered Conrad Johnson CD player- something I was sure wouldn't make any difference.

My guess is, as the months go by I'll find something to dislike about it and look for more improvement. But for now I'm content.

So who else is listening to their rig and is really happy with what they hear?

Ed
No Audionut is EVER content with their rig...and I'm no diffferent.
I'll always find a way to throw more money at it.

A N D I L O V E I T ! ! !

Back
Top Bottom