Who's fallen the furthest?

Discussion in 'Music Forums' started by caddisgeek, May 8, 2008.

1. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

So this thread is now the winner of "Who fell furthest?"

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

Heck, I haven't seen a thread including, much less started by, caddisgeek (he doesn't even come up @ the Members List) in ages.

I also seemed to have missed this thread all those years ago.

Hm... "who has fallen the furthest"... Well since caddis' OP, Jackson and Bowie are dead and The Stones continue to chug on and are said to be working on an album comprised of some of the best original material they've released in years. Who can say?

Fallen the "furthest"... Eddie Van Halen?

3. Mystic

The very first thing I noticed that the thread was started by caddisgeek who has been gone from these boards (as have also many of the original contributors to the thread) for MANY years.

Holy crap, even Lady Ayeka was in on this thread.

4. Mystic

Or, possibly, Blood, Sweat, And Tears?

5. Mystic

^^^ "What Goes Up, Must Come Down" ^^^

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  6. Wolfman181

Wolfman181 Active Member

You have to ask yourself why are all these guys and bands that are in their 60's and even 70's still out there and not retired. Why is there a need? People still fill the halls to see and listen to them. Could it be that the music being produced now is just not as good? Don't have as much heart and soul as before? HHHmmm.

7. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

White Rabbit and Somebody to Love were The Jefferson Airplane. We built this City was Jefferson Starship.

8. Mystic

Yep, in (s) many respects Starship was a whole 'nuther band.

9. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Without rereading the entire thread, is D.L. Roth on it?

parman likes this.
  10. qdrone

qdrone Music is my mistress

Some people mentioned Rod Stewart and that would be my choice. From Jeff Beck to Motown Songbook. I will admit I liked his Christmas Album released 5 years ago.

11. souljay3

souljay3 Super Member

U2 for me, on the slippery slope since 2000's all that you can't leave behind,i love all their albums up to this point (yes even "pop" it's one of my favourites), try listening to war or the unforgettable fire and then songs of innocence or (god forbid) songs of experience.

EDIT
    i'd probably still be first in line if they came here on tour though :rolleyes:

qdrone likes this.

12. E.Man

E.Man Super Member

Actually Grace brought them with her from The Great Society.

parman likes this.
  13. BamaBilly

BamaBilly AK Subscriber Subscriber

Not sure who’s fallen the furthest but here’s my easy top 3:
    1. Fleetwood Mac
    2. Fleetwood Mac
    3. Fleetwood Gotdang MAC!!!!

bobsvinyl likes this.
  14. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

Def Leppard. My reasoning......they have sold 100 million albums, yet did a cruise ship gig.

It went badly.

They were the highest selling artist I could find that was listed as doing a cruise.

bobsvinyl likes this.
  15. savatage1973

savatage1973 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'm not going to pick on a specific artist/band--the list is far too long for a post here. But remember the concept of "forced retirement"?--need I say more?

So here's my "go-big-or-go-home" pick--FM radio. There is a reason that very few of us still own a tuner, and those of us that do, don't use them regularly. Some of mine look cool as hell with big silver faces, wood cases, and sweet backlit analogue dials/meters, and that 2 lb polished aluminum tuning knob that is better balanced than a platter bearing on a lot of TTs--absolutely awesome--IF there was actually anything out there to listen to on them.

ArtZ, peerson and parman like this.
  16. Harvestor

Harvestor Super Member

Wow..
    What a nightmarish cruise experience

17. Johnno_Oz

Johnno_Oz AK Subscriber Subscriber

18. bobsvinyl

bobsvinyl Painfully Aware Subscriber

Two that come to mind that I didn't spot reading through this thread (it took 11 years to read all the posts) are:

Steve Winwood. Traffic is one of my favorite bands, mostly because of Winwood's vocals. To hear him go from Feelin' Alright to Back in the High Life Again depresses me.

Joe Cocker: Went from one of the most original rock acts at the time to putting out Up Where We Belong.

Space Ritual and Johnno_Oz like this.
  19. savatage1973

savatage1973 AK Subscriber Subscriber

OK--I lied--I will pick on one artist--perhaps the biggest "let-down" of a live show that I have ever experienced--Bob Dylan (just a few years back). Last time I had seen Dylan was in the early 80's, as part of a three band tour--Tom Petty, Grateful Dead and Dylan as the headliner--awesome show.

FF 30-odd years, and I had the chance to see him again, by himself--small, intimate venue, so I was expecting a great show. Boy was I wrong--it seemed like they had just dragged him out of "the home" on a weekend pass and put him on the stage. Dylan has always "mumbled", but back in the day he could at least remember the words, and there wasn't so much drooling involved. It was just sad and pathetic.

20. bimasta

bimasta Super Member

I saw the Stones four or five times when they really were the Stones. Jagger was always silly to watch with his klutzy prancing but they were phenomenal. Now they're like a fourth-rate Stones cover band. They took one of their early hits too seriously: "Not Fade Away." They should have faded away decades ago.