Who's listening online? And with what?

Apple Music -> McIntosh MAC-1700 via Sonos Connect

IMG_20160221_153106.jpg

Due to high winds power keeps cutting out. Rig is shut down. No listening at the moment.

LOS LOBOS
Lupo's Heartbreak Hotel
Providence, RI
June 12, 1998

Middle son's system: Dell Precision T7400 Workstation (Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS, LMS 7.9.0) > Ubee DVW326 Cable Modem/Wireless Router > Pogoplug V4-A3-01(Arch Linux 4.2.4-1, Squeezelite 1.7) > Behringer UCA202 > optical out > Marantz AV550 pre-amp > Adcom GFA-535 amp > Dual LS205EB speakers

Due to high winds power keeps cutting out. Rig is shut down. No listening at the moment.

That sucks. :thumbsdown:

ClassicalRadio through my Squeezebox Classic and then out to the NAD C 740 and the PSB B1s.

Couple of things: for tech that is dead and buried, the fact that an app (the ClassicalRadio app) got added is a continuing source of wonder to me.

Second, I've gotten more enjoyment per dollar out of ClassicalRadio for the last few months than anything else I own or listen to. I'm especially fond of the 21st Century channel.

s.

BBC 3, Mozart, Concerto For Piano & Orchestra in D Minor - What a great channel this is! I forget how much they program, and how smart much of it is. Found on TuneIn, through the Sonos Play:1s.

s.

John Coltrane
My Favorite Things (Deluxe Edition)
via Spotify

Youngest son's system: HP Compaq 8200 Elite SFF (Windows 7 Pro, LMS 7.7.5) > Ubee DVW326 Cable Modem/Wireless Router > Raspberry Pi 2 Model B (Debian Wheezy, Squeezelite 1.7) > HRT MusicStreamer II DAC > Dynaco SCA-35 integrated amp > Klipsch Heresy Speakers

51d%2Blqrf5kL.jpg

Finally got around to Pandora on the Sonos Play:1 system, and a custom channel that started with Andrew Hill, the piano player/composer. Heard - for I think the first time - Hal Galper, doing Coltrane's "Naima." Lovely. Don't know how I missed this guy for so long.

s.

Testing the just released Android Apple Music 1.0. 10 Months in beta, finally a 1.0 release! Lol.

Samsung GS5 -> car audio with 7" display, via BT.

20160803_203920.jpg

I've been running both Spotify and Apple Music for the last couple of weeks. To my (damaged, old) ear, Spotify sounds better, which surprises me.

s.

Song for Bob, Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford soundtrack.

HP Z820 workstation with Deezer -> Audio-GD Ref 5 DAC -> APPJ Miniwatt N3 -> Sonus faber Liuto Monitors.

YouTube, etc.>iPhone/iPad>AppleTV>Fiio D3>Dynaco PAS 3X>Marantz Model 5>Klipsch Heresy I(Crites-modified).

Last edited:
Tidal Hi-Fi> Bluesound Vault> NAD T758> KEF R series speakers.

Bluesound app drawing from Tidal Hi_Fi is on my Android tablet, Android phone and PC, so no matter where I am in the house I can choose and play. Only problem is it only sounds good (really good) if I'm in my living room. I can also fire up the Tidal native app on any of the devices and plug in my headphones, that sounds pretty darn good too.

Monkeying around with AVS / Echo. Part of the current queue, the JSON seen by the Echo from AVS. Chet Baker in New York.

{"clientId":"Dee-Domain-Music","contentId":"e28e0638-26b8-4737-a2af-69b282e27edc","contentType":"TRACKS","currentState":"PLAYING","imageURL":"http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51KaIdx7QmL._SS256_.jpg","isDisliked":false,"isLiked":false,"looping":false,"mediaOwnerCustomerId":"xxxxx","muted":false,"programId":null,"progressSeconds":1,"providerId":"CLOUD_PLAYER","queue":[{"album":"Chet Baker In New York","albumAsin":"B000UBL6X4","artist":"Chet Baker","asin":"B000UBQPVW","cardImageURL":null,"contentId":"41f1a9ce-1075-451f-a0d5-4232a701144c","contentType":"TRACKS","durationSeconds":414,"feedbackDisabled":false,"historicalId":null,"imageURL":"https://album-art-storage-us.s3.ama...181593&Signature=k/9l5SFzxxxMmZX89YsXPbZjdSM=","index":1,"isAd":false,"isDisliked":false,"isFreeWithPrime":false,"isLiked":false,"programId":null,"programName":null,"providerId":"CLOUD_PLAYER","queueId":null,"radioStationCallSign":null,"radioStationId":null,"radioStationLocation":null,"radioStationName":null,"radioStationSlogan":null,"referenceId":"611e12dc-ba52-49d9-b4b7-6f14bba9c957:1","service":"CLOUD_PLAYER","startTime":null,"title":"Fair Weather","trackId":"41f1a9ce-1075-451f-a0d5-4232a701144c","trackStatus":"AVAILABLE"},...

From an Echo enthusiasts site:
Good news, we can easily retrieve what Amazon Echo is playing by:

https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/media/state?deviceSerialNumber=XXXXX&deviceType=XXXXX

We can find the serial number and device type here:

https://pitangui.amazon.com/api/device-preferences

The whole queue is shown, as well as the current play state and the volume.

"Mars Audiac Quintet" - Stereolab, Spotify, the Play:1s. I own the album, could play it on CD, but why bother?

s.

Back
Top Bottom