Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Old_Tech, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Old_Tech

Old_Tech Yer-isn't!

I am listening to Public Radio "eeking" out every sonic vibe I can find on my SAE Two T14 and 1/2 wave rooftop dipole.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  2. Raynald

Raynald AK Subscriber Subscriber

Mitsubishi DA-F20 hooked up to a Winegard HD-6000 antenna. Absolutely amazing.

3. Tillerman

Tillerman Active Member

Yamaha T-85 listening to 90.5 classical via an FM-6.

4. JonL

JonL AK Subscriber Subscriber

"The World Cafe," via WFUV on a Dynaco FM-3 and a homemade folded dipole antenna.

Ds2000 likes this.
  5. dshoaf

dshoaf That high voltage buzz Subscriber

Right now, using the Sony XDR-F1HD tuned into KUSP for jazz in the evening this Thanksgiving. Not bad from a sonics standpoint but I miss my McIntosh MR-77 which seems more alive for broadcast quality.

Cheers,

David

6. Mark W.

Mark W. Nut house of the Universe

KGON 92.3 FM Portland Oregon on my office system Pioneer TX-9100 tuner using a ceiling mounted Modified Cubic Quad antenna.

Station is 38 air miles away showing 4.3 on the signal strenght meter right now.

Sound is as always very nice. Amplification via Pioneer SG-7500 Spectrum Anaylzer/EQ and Pioneer SA-9100 60wpc Amp completely restored by AK's OWN Tarior at The Speaker Magnate in Kelso, WA. And on to my Pioneer HPM-60 speakers.

7. gitfiddle42

gitfiddle42 Active Member

In the garage building cabinets listening to 102.1 "the quake" classic rock in Wenatchee Washington on my humble marantz 2215b.

8. guitarslam

guitarslam Sonic Moron

Pioneer TX-7100.
    Simple wire antennae - signal strength is not a problem where I live.

Currently listening to Power 104.7 (Kelowna, BC).

9. vinylisfinal

vinylisfinal Super Member

i was listening to classic rock on my fisher series 40 tube set

10. Bedroom; Sony XDR-F1HD(no mods, yet)/Hafler SE-100 preamp/Leach ver. 4.5 power amp/Acoustic Research AR-11 speakers rescued from Goodwill.

Station: KING-FM (classical music) via simple dipole which supplies a terrible signal my Heathkit AJ-1510 can't use but the Sony reproduces with perfect clarity. The Heathkit (which needs some further troubleshooting) is on an AntennaCraft FM6 and a Heathkit IO-10 monitor oscilloscope.

Check out online at http://www.king.org for a really nice program, The Organ Loft; it's on at 10 pm Pacific time, preceeded by a live broadcast of the Compline Service from Saint Mark's Cathedral. TOL specializes in organ and choral music, is very well produced and a real listening pleasure.

11. niklasthedol

niklasthedol Super Member

I was listening to a high quality live jazz broadcasting in Scandinavia on my Tandberg TPT 3001A.

[​IMG]

"dolph"

12. jimfet

jimfet AK Subscriber Subscriber

Listening to NPR classical on 89.9 right now. Coming in on a Technics ST-9038, hooked to a RS Omni directional ant. 10 ft over my roof. My coax is running through a signal booster and a FM-VHF separator.

13. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

We listened to Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant Massacree on WROR-FM at 9pm Thanksgiving night as we walked in the door after a Thanksgiving feast at our daughter's and son-in-law's in VT. For expediency, we used the ol' Yamaha T-550 in the family room (since it had already started as we were driving in to the garage).

14. Old_Tech

Old_Tech Yer-isn't!

You guys like classical and Jazz I see. Nice listening you been doin! Right now I have "Back Friday" music on the TU-717 Classical 91.5 in Rochester. I think that tuner is a bit miffed over all this change up I have been doing.
    Nice gear you guys got and it's cool hearing what you are listening to.

My Horoscope today: "I am obsessed with what I do not have but need to learn to love what I do posess". Whats that all about? No more tuna's? They said my wife would have wanted me to be happy. :scratch2:

15. mhardy6647

mhardy6647 AK Subscriber Subscriber

[​IMG]

das Ding an sich

16. Urizen

Urizen Lunatic Member

Listening to the "Down in the Alley" show (Blues/R&B/Soul) on listener supported WEVL "The Weevil" 89.9 FM through a cherry Kenwood KT-8005 with a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna. My tuner rarely leaves this station.

[​IMG]

17. reggaenaut

reggaenaut Addicted Member

The fantastic on board tuner (5 gangs totally shielded) of the Sony 6060F receiver: Overture from Romeo and Juliet WQXR, 105.9kz NYC. The music is lush and full bodied.:thmbsp:

18. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

I've been messing with my tuners and listening quite a bit to 90.9 WRCJ a public radio stations whose tagline is "Classical days and jazzy nights". While not a big fan of classical, I find their selections very interesting listening and solid as background music.

As I said, I've been working on a Pioneer TX-9100, modding a Dyna FM-3, plus rolling in my Onkyo T-9 too, which I'm finding a bit sibilant and edgy. I just ran coax from my 2nd story attic to the basement and attached it to a garage sale indoor TV antenna up there and am seeing a 2x improvement in signal strength with regular 4+ readings on a 5 scale where 3 was unobtainable previously.

19. Old_Tech

Old_Tech Yer-isn't!

Sweet!

mrh your Yamaha gear is beautiful and that is a perfect picture. :yes:

20. Old_Tech

Old_Tech Yer-isn't!

Beautiful Kenwood. I could sit in front of that tuner on the floor and listen for hours.
    I have the same thing here I tend to stay put on my favorite station. I have two. Listener supported WXXI 91.5 in Rochester and 103.1 Classical FM in Toronto. Lately Rock has left me numb...