Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

CMTZ 97.7 in St. Catharines was playing the complete discography of the Tragically Hip all yesterday and I was listening on a TEAC MC-D80.

Most people on this side of the river have no idea just how important the Hip were/are to Canada's cultural life. They're from Kingston, which is maybe 60 miles from where I sit (and a beautiful place!) and they played a huge show in my little town back in 2011. That they didn't catch fire in the States is puzzling to a lot of people.

s.

Sitting outside, listening to 101 The Fox, Kansas City,
I miss KC and the radio stations. There is a much wider selection now than the low low period of the 80s and 90s. The bridge, 90.9 (incidentally run by a guy I was in school with) plays local groups like the Nace Bros. Very refreshing now-a-days.

I find the lack of original FM programming to be inexplicable in the D.C. area. I can find two hours here and there of special programming, jazz, blues on a couple of stations. Otherwise, it's all corporate computer programming.

Incidentally, I stumbled across Crap from the Past at the wayback machine. Ron "Boogiemonstoer" Gerber has been playing oldies (albeit with a bunch of bad disco) since the early 80s. He's STILL broadcasting (Crapfromthepast.com) now on KFAI in Minneapolis/St. Paul on Friday Nights, 10-12. I obviously cannot listen live so I download the show and listen to it mostly while driving. So refreshing to NOT hear the same songs 20 times a week.

I have a Pioneer TX-9500ii feeding an SA-7500ii and HPM-100s. I have a TX-9500 just sitting. Looking to get an antenna installed soon. Am considering dropping Comcast when contract is up and am thinking I'll try to put a Channel Master antenna with rotor in the attic for OTA TV and FM. If that doesn't work, I'll move it outside. Suggestions for 40 miles across a 40 degree arc with a lot of interference and close channel spacing?

Last edited:
IMG_20171103_181122.jpg

"Night at the Opera" with Geina Peach Abu Dhabi Classic on the Bose system in my SL550 with the top down

The Mikado

Last edited:
Reactions: DC
I’m enjoying listening to Mountain Stage on my local public radio station (90.1) with a Yamaha T-7 tuner.

Back
Top Bottom