Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Old_Tech, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Encyc Brown

Encyc Brown Well-Known Member

I admit to being old school and loving to still listen to FM Broadcasts. I use modest equipment in regards to Pioneer Silver Faced equipment from 1976 to 1979. I have 2 Pioneer TX-5500II Tuners and 2 Pioneer TX-6500II Tuners, one of which is surrounded by a pretty good shape wood case, love it! I am listening to WQUT out of the Tricities of VA/TN. Tonight is Flashback from 06:00PM to 10:00PM & then Dee Synder's "House of Hair" 80's metal show from 10:00PM to 12:00PM. I need to get serious and hook up an outside antenna. However, WQUT is the one station that comes in quite clear in these mountains and happens to be my favorite FM Station TX-6500II.JPG

Wizzer likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. musichal

musichal poet emeritus Subscriber

Nice, clean look. Purdy.

Encyc Brown likes this.
  3. canton

canton Active Member

I have numerous tuners was going to post up my rack of some of my tuners not good with a digital cam, use a Older Cannon SLR 35MM anyhow I will figure it out the dig and maybe post something up. Get some thoughts. Using a Fisher 90X listening to WPFW 89.3 FM of course.
    Canton

Encyc Brown likes this.
  4. canton

canton Active Member

Empire of the Air, what a book what an intro into Radio and audio what a title pitch perfect for those who listen to free music from the air or airwaves if you prefer.
    The airwaves belong to us not to any big corporations they try to steal it but it still remains ours thanks to small independent stations. OK I will stop there.
    Canton

Wizzer and Encyc Brown like this.