Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Have you checked out 101.7 WBTL? Good indie station.
Yes. I think WBTL is on three different frequencies right now- 2 on AM.
Quite a few other independent radio choices now in Richmond. WNRN,
WDCE, WCWM, WHAN (102.9), WBDB (103.3). Unprecedented!

Listening, of course, on my T-4711, like this:

T-4711.jpg

Last edited:
Listening to the Classical morning radio show on KANU-FM 91.5 Mhz in Lawrence KS. KU's NPR station that still plays lots of music. Listening on my new to me Realistic STA-52 and Minimus 7's
Right now there are spinning Vinyl

You want lay back? You want relaxing? You want cool? You want the past greats?

Then take in "The Lounge" 92.1 FM after 7:00 PM outta Toronto, Ontario.

Q

88.1 KJAZZ on a Yamaha TX-500U (borrowed from my CX/MX-600U stack although it's really meant to go with an AX-500U I think) w/ my freshly recapped & biased A-1020. This thing pulls in stations like crazy and sounds great.

t1QkfGNh.jpg

Last edited:
88.1 KJAZZ on a Yamaha TX-500U (borrowed from my CX/MX-600U stack although it's really meant to go with an AX-500U I think) w/ my freshly recapped & biased A-1020. This thing pulls in stations like crazy and sounds great.

t1QkfGNh.jpg
I find KJAZZ to sound like low bit mp3 files - not much better than AM and KPFK lately sounds the same too

I find KJAZZ to sound like low bit mp3 files - not much better than AM and KPFK lately sounds the same too

Where are you located? I'm near LAX. It sounds better than that through this tuner at least - even so, I'll take good music and no commercials in low bit mp3 format over brainless DJ chatter and frequent advertisements in any better format any day of the week ...

Last edited:
Where are you located? I'm near LAX. It sounds better than that through this tuner at least - even so, I'll take good music and no commercials in low bit mp3 format over brainless DJ chatter and frequent advertisements in any better format any day of the week ...

I'm just a little north - west side near the beach. kjazz just sounds a little too compressed and kpfk actually has been sounding distorted for the last few months even though its the strongest transmitter west of the Mississippi - 110k watts up on mt wilson. kxlu has the best sound for me right now and I have multiple antennas on my roof with clear line of site to LMU, hollywood hills and mt wilson.

I listen to this station all the time and I find on some programs they have like their Latin Jazz/salsa hours are compress but on other programs they are very nice sounding and uncompressed. On Those hours/programs they are right there with San Diego's 88.3 jazz station which comes from San Diego City College and it's uncompressed. KJAZZ live performances are awesome! So I think this is what is happening, not uncompressed all the time.

Back
Top Bottom