Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Listening to WRTI, 90.1 out of Temple Univ. Jazz from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. and they do an excellent job. I generally listen to WRTI or WXPN several hours a day as I work in my office or shop area. Great stuff.
Recently sold my recapped & aligned Yamaha T-85 and Accuphase T-106 and am listening to a recapped & aligned Sony ST-J75. Of the tuners I've owned over the years (35, or so), the ST-J75 is the quietest. That said, just picked up a Yamaha T-2 which will be recapped and aligned over the next few months and rotated into the system.
DSCN4670.JPG
T-2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Now,

Just picked up a nice little Sansui TU-217. Sounds terrific. Listening to the "Dead Hour" on WFPK in Louisville, KY.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Listening to random stations on my new (to me) Fisher KM-60 tuner that I just finished restoring. Loving the sound that comes from it.

IMG_1056.JPG

Is that a tube tuner?

Yes it is. I have one sitting beside me. It features a cascode front end, three-gang tuning, four IF stages feeding a ratio detector and a multiplex adapter with a pair of diode bridges. It is almost as good as my Sherwood 2100 II tube tuner. There is one oddity: It has a tuning meter driven off the grid of the last IF stage and a tuning eye that responds to the strength of the 19 KHz pikot signal.

So my Fisher KM-60 is a tube tuner that I resurrected myself from a rusty hulk. I managed to get it back to its electrical glory. In the wood cabinet with a good faceplate and knobs you could never tell that it was a mess when I started. The sound from it is glorious.

Last edited:
Listening to the tuner section of my SX-1250, got WPRB, 103.3 FM (Princeton University) on, it`s an extremely eclectic station, where the DJs are given free reign, so you can hear just about anything imaginable. Good stuff !

Listening to the tuner section of my SX-1250, got WPRB, 103.3 FM (Princeton University) on, it`s an extremely eclectic station, where the DJs are given free reign, so you can hear just about anything imaginable. Good stuff !

Used to listen to KFJC at Foothills College in Silicon Valley when I would travel there on business. Talk about "eclectic". They would play all kinds of oddball stuff you couldn't hear anywhere else. Loved it. Worth a listen if you are tired of the same old stuff. (I just wish I could hear them via the airwaves from home, but alas I'd have to stream it instead and that's cheating.)

Used to listen to KFJC at Foothills College in Silicon Valley when I would travel there on business. Talk about "eclectic". They would play all kinds of oddball stuff you couldn't hear anywhere else. Loved it. Worth a listen if you are tired of the same old stuff. (I just wish I could hear them via the airwaves from home, but alas I'd have to stream it instead and that's cheating.)

Yep....ya gotta appreciate good radio wherever it comes from, there doesn`t seem to be much left. Back in the late `60s and `70s, good stations RULED the FM airwaves here in the NYC area. Like most other things, it all got commercialized to death until the good stations were all but gone. Rock on !

https://www.kfjc.org/listen/mayhem

Picked up a nice and cheap McIntosh Mac 4100 last weekend. The tuner is said to be similar to the MR75. Sounds very nice, not quite the sensitivity of my Scott 312's but pretty great for a receiver.

I'm currently listening to the 'Blues Show' on WUNH (91.3) via the TM-1 module in a McIntosh MX-132. Very nice. I actually like the TM-1 module better than the HD enabled TM-2 in my old MA6600.

-Matt

KOWS LP FM - the maybe forgotten forever show 92.5 FM santa rosa, CA
57484899_544179739439205_6743441968635838464_n.jpg

KNKX 88.5 Seattle/Tacoma, all blues show, lot's of cuts by the late great D Rx John through a Scott 312c.

Back
Top Bottom