Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Programming is especially nice here...

It must be the holiday! We have rain again so I can only get out about 100 miles. I wish I could get Boston!

Listening to the "Down in the Alley" show (Blues/R&B/Soul) on listener supported WEVL "The Weevil" 89.9 FM through a cherry Kenwood KT-8005 with a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna. My tuner rarely leaves this station.

kt-8005.jpg

Beautiful tuner! I have a KT-4007 that looks very similar to that one. Mine is their BOTL but still has a nice tube-like sound.

Listening to WRTI, 90.1 out of Temple University in Philadelphia. Classical all day (very relaxing after eating too much) and shifting to jazz all night in about 2 minutes. Listening on the inestimable Yamaha TX-1000 (shown sitting atop another wonderful FM tuner, the Yamaha T-2). Do believe that his may turn our to be my favorite tuner. Sounds so much like music. Good tuner with a good antenna with a good broadcast station = excellent sound.

Attachments

• DSCN2782.JPG
    DSCN2782.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Dynaco FM-5A

Listen usually to WRCJ 90.9 in Detroit, also several NPR stations around here, and judging from the looks of the tuner dial in this photo, I was listening to the Detroit Lions on 97.1!

picture.php

WBYU "bayou" radio, very definetely D list commercial fm classic rock, just happens to be whats on now. Kenwood KT8300 on stage, Mac MR74 waiting in the wings.

My local contemporary jazz station KIFM 98.1 has switched to their holiday programming, and I can only take Christmas music for so long... so I have switched over tonight to KSDS Jazz 88, broadcasting at 2- or 3kW from San Diego City College.

The strength meter on my Tandberg TR 2080 receiver reads 10uV but it's coming in very nicely in stereo with hardly any noise worth mentioning. Can't try it on the 3001A tuna because it's apart on the bench getting overhauled.

John

LIstening to Classic 99 (99.1) in Saint Louis on my Technics ST-9030 tuner through ADS R1 Receiver via my Terk FM antenna. Great sounds!

Listening to the "Down in the Alley" show (Blues/R&B/Soul) on listener supported WEVL "The Weevil" 89.9 FM through a cherry Kenwood KT-8005 with a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 antenna. My tuner rarely leaves this station.

kt-8005.jpg

I live in LA and my winamp internet stream rarely leaves WEVL except when I'm listening to KFJC. I especially like the Ben Vaughn Show on WEVL

i listen to the radio every night here with a multiple of tuners (too many to list) but for the majority of my listening i use my technics st8600 and sansui tu 717.since most my tuners are analog with no presets i tune each of them to a different staion and switch between them .:D

Jazz In The Evening with George Thomas, my favoritie local jazz show, till midnight on Fridays.

WBTN 94.3 Bennington VT

http://www.vpr.net/

Pioneer TX-9500II, composite detector out feeding custom built LM4500 MPX decoder with post notch filters and class A amps.

WXXI 91.5 Listener Supported.

Listening to the program "Classical Music Through the Night". (switching to the SB Duet on occasion for WGBH)

Listening through the TU-717 and main system.

Tonight listening to classical on our college station, KUNR. Using a modded Audio Dynamics T-200, through a Sansui AU-517, into NHT Super One's and a Klipsch powered sub.

Thanks!

Currently listening to "Wait, Wait" the NPR news quiz show on 91.7 from The University of Michigan.

Dynaco FM-5A

Listen usually to WRCJ 90.9 in Detroit, also several NPR stations around here, and judging from the looks of the tuner dial in this photo, I was listening to the Detroit Lions on 97.1!

picture.php

Had to Quote DC, just to say hi from a former Detroit/Windsor resident. And to give Kudos for actually showing that "grey" CD player in a pic (scph 1001), LOL. It is my digital player of choice also.
Oh Yeah. I listen to KUVO in Denver, the "Oasis in the City". Great jazz!! (also @ kuvo.org). The tuner is a Lafayette LT-D10.

Back
Top Bottom