Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

A little bit of everything on Los Angeles FM offerings, coming in very clear lately, especially at night on a Yamaha TX-1000.

CBC Radio2, 89.9 at the moment, Nightstream. Listening first through a Scott 333B tube tuner and shortly through 'phones on a Scott 348 receiver in the bedroom.

This morning I'm listening to Morning Edition on WFYI 90.1 fm, Indianapolis. My tuner is a Yamaha T-7 which I purchased several years ago solely for this purpose. Sounds great!

marantz 2130 been thru punkerX spa a couple or 4 years ago still workin sweet... with handles! :cool:

I was listening to some classic rock on 94.5 WIOT on my Dynaco FM-3.

Now im going to bed. :boring:

I've been playing my FM-3 a lot lately too.
Have you reworked or modded yours at all? I've recapped mine in a couple places and built new PECs and am really liking it's sound; killer mids!!

Listening to 'A Prairie Home Companion' on WUCX, 90.1 FM, Bay City, MI. From me, that's about 50 miles away. Coming in static free with 5/5 on the signal meter. Listening via my trusty Sanyo Plus T55 tuner, hooked to a Radio Shack VU90 antenna, rotor and Winegard preamp.

Listening to 'A Prairie Home Companion' on WUCX, 90.1 FM, Bay City, MI. From me, that's about 50 miles away. Coming in static free with 5/5 on the signal meter. Listening via my trusty Sanyo Plus T55 tuner, hooked to a Radio Shack VU90 antenna, rotor and Winegard preamp.

Nice. Next year I will be installing a Winegard Yagi as soon as I can, unless winter never comes here!

I like the idea of 5-6db gain.:thmbsp:

The antenna does very well, but the gain's just a little low on the FM band, but much better than an indoor setup. However... I am looking at an upgrade to a Winegard combo antenna. The antenna does double duty - FM as well as free OTA HD TV. I've been cable free for almost two years! Seems as though my interest in TV has decreased as my interest in music increased :music:

Found another 300-75 ohm transformer so I've hooked up the FM-3 and TX-9100 to different inputs and adjusted the variable outputs for equal volumes.

So far it's pretty tough to tell a difference between the two, which could be a good thing. I'll have to give them more attention over the next couple days.

Listening to WMHT...........

listening to wmht classical out of albany on my rs sta-2000 with my home made 1/2 wave copper tube dipole on da roof......man this sounds good..............t

Back
Top Bottom