Who's listening to FM Tonight? What tuner?

Found another 300-75 ohm transformer so I've hooked up the FM-3 and TX-9100 to different inputs and adjusted the variable outputs for equal volumes.

So far it's pretty tough to tell a difference between the two, which could be a good thing. I'll have to give them more attention over the next couple days.

Yes it could be a really good thing. You got me interested in the FM-X series Andyman! I have been unsuccesful finding a 9100 that has not been scraped, kicked in or "works good but the stereo light is out". Keep us posted on your journey. :yes:

Hearts of Space

Waiting for the audio but so far its just static. I am surprised WXXI here has not picked up on it and mentioned something. :scratch2:
Or maybe its been deemed I am only worthy of static tonight.

Need my Space Music. :tears:

Listening to jazz on WBGO out of Newark. The smooth jazz crap goes off at 11:00 pm and then the real jazz starts :music:.
Was listening on my Pioneer TX-8500II through the Adcom system downstairs but am now listening to the upstairs system - the very capable tuner built in to my Pioneer SX-950 receiver - tied to the Alliance Tenna-Rotor and the huge rooftop antenna mounted way up there on the chimney. Just point it towards the signal and it's as good as locked in :yes:.

Chamber Music

The San Francisco orchestra broadcast on WXXI 91.5

Listening on my new to me DBX TX1.

Chicago Classical 98.7 WFMT on a McIntosh 4100 that's currently pulling tuner duty in my main system. This thing has a TUNER...man, it sounds nice.

FM Broadcast (NPR........classical) is my favorite listening media. The Technics ST-9030, barely visible in my avatar makes it so! Chuck

Attachments

• 9030-4.gif
    9030-4.gif
    80.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
CBC, FM on London ontario's transmitter, got to get it out soon as I listen to alot of Christmas classical music. When I am out for a few hours , the computor records it, so as not to miss anything. The Tuner is a Sansui TU-17.

Attachments

• Sansui TU-17.jpg
    Sansui TU-17.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Not tonight but the other night when I finally got the antenna back up and running. Here's the three I twiddled with while feeling out my new rf scape. Differences in tuners is much more pronounced down here in the flat lands. The Denon was smoking good RF wise. I think the Sony needs some attention. Onk has killer bass but sucks down here.

Attachments

• sometunas.jpg
    sometunas.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 119
Not tonight but the other night when I finally got the antenna back up and running. Here's the three I twiddled with while feeling out my new rf scape. Differences in tuners is much more pronounced down here in the flat lands. The Denon was smoking good RF wise. I think the Sony needs some attention. Onk has killer bass but sucks down here.

Is that Denon a TU-850?

Tonight I'm back to the McIntosh MR75 that is inside the MX117. As almost always, tuned to WRTI, 90.1 out of Temple University. Jazz starts in 45 mintues (6 p.m.). Will likely take me about two (2) hours to change the lamps in my MC7150 and get buttoned back up.

I listen to FM most days and nights, but also mix it up with vinyl and cds at home. I'm not big on video, so listening is what I spend more time doing.

Right now I've been listening to a yammie t-80 and t-85.

I also really like the Denon TU-800, how does that compare to an 850?

Back
Top Bottom