WHY Can I Not Edit My Messages Now?

Nor do I, apparently this is being worked on, and the intention is to return the previous 'edit' functionality to Subscribers only.

As a newbie here, I don't much like the idea of having editing be pay-for-play. It's not like you can always get right back to a post within an hour.

I think perhaps 24hrs would be fine. If you wanted longer, say for archived posts, then have that be a Sub benefit..
The reason why is for updating posts as there is progress, adding a link or pic, or other new info rather than increasing the post count.

My 1015A TT thread, I wanted to update saying "oh btw, all of the auto-return and transport functions work." I don't really want a new post for that.

Plus, I'm a keyboard klutz and often need to edit for typos or rephrasing. ;)

Just my
JoD6Qlx.gif

As a newbie here, I don't much like the idea of having editing be pay-for-play. It's not like you can always get right back to a post within an hour.

I think perhaps 24hrs would be fine. If you wanted longer, say for archived posts, then have that be a Sub benefit..
The reason why is for updating posts as there is progress, adding a link or pic, or other new info rather than increasing the post count.

My 1015A TT thread, I wanted to update saying "oh btw, all of the auto-return and transport functions work." I don't really want a new post for that.

Plus, I'm a keyboard klutz and often need to edit for typos or rephrasing. ;)

Just my
JoD6Qlx.gif
[/B][/B]

Well exactly, me too.

Nor do I, apparently this is being worked on, and the intention is to return the previous 'edit' functionality to Subscribers only.
This was NOT subscriber only functionality

What post says this is going to be made a Pay for option??

It should not be made pay to play.

I use this functionality for threads that I provide information on if it is found wrong or needs to be update I need to be able to edit my posts

For Example
I edit this after the new site came on line now I can not and I need to update an image as it is incorrect.

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/in...aftsmen-class-h-amp-info.492354/#post-6856527

Last edited:
Interestingly I can't edit the above post (at 43 mins) - if I click on 'edit' it asks me to log in - and I am already logged in - doing so again gives no change.

Same issue with the post above made a moment ago (so I am logged in) - but hit edit and it says "you need to be logged in to do that" !!!

Last edited:
Maybe"logged in" is code for...get a big stick and bust your way in, and then get to editing.

I just edited this..

Round two...

Edited again....

Last edited:
Post #12 was edited, though it doesn't show it. Maybe it was too soon after initial post?:idea:

Aha! It does show "Last edited" but it is now located above the Quote and Reply buttons.

Last edited:
Something very peculiar is happening. If I log out, and close the browser - I then open the browser, hit the AK link I am in a logged in state - automatically! - I can post here (after logging in) typing my post and logging in again when it asks me. I can edit posts in other forums (Exclusively Sansui) just not here - if I hit 'report' - I get the same behaviour - "you must be logged in to do that" or similar - logging in again has no effect.

Perhaps this is being worked on. Good example is when a list of stuff FS was put in BT, you could go back and put "sold" at an item, or as mentioned add info.

I've gotten used to waiting for AK to shake the bugs out of changeovers, but they always seem to come thru fixing things!

Back
Top Bottom