WHY Can I Not Edit My Messages Now?

I get that the edit feature is only available for about an hour after posting -- I don't LIKE it, but I get it. However, how does one go about DELETING a post?

I hope this is one of the things that is at the top of the priority list. I know on several other XenForo forums there is the ability to edit AND delete your posts.

It could be the software from Xenforo. At Steve Hoffman you only get 20 or 30 minutes to edit a post.
I do not find it to be a major problem over there and it should not be here.

It could be the software from Xenforo. At Steve Hoffman you only get 20 or 30 minutes to edit a post.
I do not find it to be a major problem over there and it should not be here.

It can be a pain if you have a long list of records or CDs for sale in BT. It makes things much easier if you can mark the SOLD ones as such. At the Polk Forum you get 1 hour to edit a post.

We used to be able to delete our own threads also. I hope that feature returns instead of having to bother a moderator.

Still no real resolution to the issue.
In for sale and want to buy threads the ability to edit should be until the thread is closed. It works with outer site such as watchuseek so it could work here.

Yes, I managed to successfully edit one of my posts from last Monday earlier this morning. It's all coming together.

Thanks for giving back the ability to edit. For BT listings with lots of albums, it was very difficult to try to read through every post to see if something was still available. There was one instance where I was going to buy something (on a whim, admittedly) but didn't because I couldn't figure out if it was still available.

Thanks again.

you always did do

True. I don't mind AK supporting the site this way. The site I run is so small, it's only a few hundred $ a year and so all functionality is free for all users - I suspect this site runs into a few grand a year and that's not chump change.

If we do indeed need to be a subscriber to edit a post I find this change to really suck! Where is the dislike button oh I might need to pay for that too

I really find it insulting that we have these pay to play comments and even comming from very long term members. While AK let's people join the site and not pay anything, it does cost money and effort to run. Paying .07 cents a day is not paying anything but with a combined group force it could be a lot. Well that's if people are willing to suport a place they want to hang their hat.

Subscribers don't really get a whole hell of a lot more than non- subscribers but I don't think that's why most subscribe. I think the mentality that they want to help suport a place they frequent and not ever expecting anything for free.

I can see a very new member not wanting to pay anything until they explore the site, as with someone who signs up just to ask a question every other year.

But members with thousands of post counts, here for many years on a daily basis....

.07 cents a day!!!
Think about that when you post something....... the next peice of gear you buy...... the next question you have...............and when you reply back to a friend you made here.

BTW I'm sure in time privileges will be about the same for all. So you non subscribers don't feel left out, subscribers don't have all there benefits right now either.

Carry on

Back
Top Bottom