• I came seeking technical repair help and found it, so joined

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • I came lookin for help with how to connect my system

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've been an enthusiast all my life and was net-surfing

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Back into audio after long absence and sought advice on vintage gear

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I'm just here for musichal's poetry !!

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I'm into audio and found this site friendly

Votes: 43 47.3%
  • Other, Explain

Votes: 24 26.4%

• Total voters
I subscribed 6 months after joining because I realized my reawakened passion for audio was permanent. I had received so much value in that short period, and want to see this site prosper. I also had zero interest in learning how to download pics to a 3rd part hosting site and since AK was hosting them I should pay for that service.

In BT, there are pics and descriptions of items I've would otherwise not see.

As an added bonus, when a flame war evolves into a bacon(my favorite food group) fest if keeps me from needing to peruse the "Cooking and Spirits" section.

I've always liked music, but for the most part I was happy listening to it on any kind of system. When I was a teenager my grandmother really helped me expand my tastes, and after a while I realized that I was missing something. That's when I really got interested in the reproduction of music and sound in general.

Every answer in the poll applies to me except how to hook up my system. I too felt the 25 bucks was money well spent to help keep the lights on, plus access to Barter Town alone is worth that all by itself.

I subscribed because AK is the Cheers of audio sites. I come here to hoist a few with my friends and to escape the dreadful news being thrown at us day in and day out. To paraphrase Cheers' Norm Peterson, it's a dog-eat-dog world out there, but in here I'm wearing McIntosh underwear.

Dave

There are two key reasons I subscribed. First is simply that I wanted to kick something in for a site that was providing so much pleasure. Second is that I knew even more great forums would be available. I don't comment much because the hands son't work so well, but I touch base almost daily.

This is a great site and I want to help keep it alive. A bargain for the audio education I’ve gotten and continue to receive. Access to BT is a must as well as the gear bought and sold has someone you know behind their gear, not an ananomous seller on the internet.

I looked up a pair of my speakers just out of idle curiosity, and every single relevant result led back to AK. Nobody else had ever heard of them.

I subscribed out of sheer guilt, which is pretty much my motivation for anything I do.

Back
Top Bottom