Why do gin and tonics taste so danged good

If they could make something that tastes like gin* but had no alcohol the world would be a better place, at least in my book

*Gordon's Dry Gin, in particular.

We picked some Trader Joe's French sparkling lemonade over the weekend. They were out of limeade which was my pref, but never had either before. Got home and tried the lemonade and first thought was "Damn this would be good with gin in it!". Going back for limeade when they get it in. Neither are gin & tonics and I am not even a big gin drinker; not much of a hard liquor drinker at all actually. But, some things do work well together and I suspect this may be one of those combos -

sparkling+lemonade.jpg

We picked some Trader Joe's French sparkling lemonade over the weekend. They were out of limeade which was my pref, but never had either before. Got home and tried the lemonade and first thought was "Damn this would be good with gin in it!". Going back for limeade when they get it in. Neither are gin & tonics and I am not even a big gin drinker; not much of a hard liquor drinker at all actually. But, some things do work well together and I suspect this may be one of those combos -

sparkling+lemonade.jpg
When my parents used to take me to the horse races my Mom always packed a thermos of gin n lemonade.

Hey Skipper, are you the Lehigh Valley expat and fan of real wrestling? Or am I confusing you with someone else? These Beefeater and tonics tend to make things slightly fuzzy.

Sorry, C. You've got me confused with someone else. Actually, I didn't know there was such a thing as "real" wrestling. But, I will give Beefeaters a try soon. I seem to be hooked on Gordon's and Schweppes lately

Real wrestling does still exist collegiately and on the international level. Real athletes not faking! Sadly losing popularity. Could never stomach the fake stuff myself.

I love a couple drinks before dinner, usually using Gordons or Tanqueray. But got some Beefeaters and it gave me a headache. Not a hangover but a good headache about six hours after drinking. Anyone have a similar situation?

I love a couple drinks before dinner, usually using Gordons or Tanqueray. But got some Beefeaters and it gave me a headache. Not a hangover but a good headache about six hours after drinking. Anyone have a similar situation?

Not on Gin a few brands of beer and all wines do that. Bud is the worst!

Gin & tonics all week in the mountains, after a nice ride each day. Now back home and having a pink martini. I sometimes get headaches shortly after drinking gin, but I attribute that to drinking in an empty stomach. :-0

20B794AF-A5CD-43A3-9CC7-735B9F516F55.jpeg

If you haven't already the New Belgium Brewery ( Fat Tire ) on the French Broad River is an intoxicating stop in Asheville.

We mostly go up to our place in H’ville for Motorcycle riding (not on a Harley!) and quiet book reading in the evening.

We have friends who live in Asheville, and they have all the breweries mapped out. So we will probably make it there one day. :D

Back
Top Bottom