Why do people chain their bikes to railings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightcleaner

Why do people chain their bikes to railings, then leave them there for weeks?
Do they forget about them?

Look what happening to this bike it's been there six weeks!
I say Happening, because it still is.

Attachments

• 20180316_120101_001.jpg
    20180316_120101_001.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 20180322_112535_001.jpg
    20180322_112535_001.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 149
I can think of only two reasons,
1. They're kids who don't care because mommy and daddy bought it and didn't instill any character into their child.
2. They are Idiots!

I agree; I've seen this before and find it puzzling. If you no longer want the bike just give it away or if that's too much effort unlock it and let someone take it. It's pointless to leave it there to be vandalized when someone who needs/wants one could use it.

Again I repeat and why sweat it?Why do you have to know? It's their business isn't it?

I can think of only two reasons, 1. There kids who don't care because mommy and daddy bought it and didn't instill any character into their child.
2. There Idiots!

I'm going with reason #1. I work at a large University and see this all the time. During winter break, when campus is a ghost town, there are still bikes chained up everywhere. Many of them are really nice bikes. I don't get it; I wouldn't want to just leave an expensive bike outside in the weather unless I had to.

Don't you think if you answered everyone who had a question with your answer on this forum. there would be no forum

The question I asked is merely an observation im making . what are you saying.. No more observation ..
Don't make any! Stupid answers for something so trivial,man haven't you got something else more important to do cause I don't, I'm lucky to be alive:)

Moderator -
Personal attacks on other members like you did in this thread will NOT be tolerated.
Don't like a discussion, find another thread, or find another FORUM!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be many reasons.

Maybe they are jailed.
Maybe they died
Maybe they are on a long trip
Maybe they have some other sorta real shitty stuff going on in life and a bicycle is the least of their concern for a while.

Who knows...

It's a trap.
Someone steals it and the police use the GPS tracker hidden in the frame to arrest the bike thief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom