Why do youtube "audiophile" videos sound so good?

mewoods

I have been listening to youtube videos through my new JBL's. When I click videos that are titled "Audiophile" like the one linked below, they usually sound pretty good. I know they are not 24 bit as some titles would have you believe but why do they sound so good? I tried to analyze the video info with this site but the info is foreign to me. https://www.h3xed.com/blogmedia/youtube-info.php

They always seem to have good dynamic range but don't fill all the frequencys. Maybe it's that separation. Most are guitar vocals and very low bass.

I agree, But not all are good quality. I use the Youtuber quite a bit and really notice all the different quality (or lack of) that is out there. That said, still has nothing on OR's

I tend to like Cymbals and mp3 files just don't do it for me. A natural decay and tonal qualitys are just not there.

Here is an early post on YouTube, and this poster got better with later posts. He also showcases his Turntables and cartridges.

Reminds me of the 60's and 70's TV commercials. They show you how much clearer the new TV is. Odd but I'm watching it on my old set???

Maybe they cheat like me and overdub the actual sound track with a direct media rip? I wouldn't call this "audiophile grade" but it sounds a whole lot better than the sound from the original movie ... then again, audio isn't the point of the video, so forget I mentioned it. <G>

I think that it is better because the original source was better than average. Just speculation of course, but some of them do sound really good.

Back
Top Bottom