Why is my AU-717 sounded more powerful and more head room than my 2102 B/C combo?

jameswei

I think the AU-717 sounded better than my 2102 B/C combo with the KEF 105/3 speakers. I don't know why but that's just how it is, can anyone tell me why? Its a 100 watts per channel amp vs. 200 watts but have more sound stage and head room.

AU-717 is actually officially rated a little lower at 85 wpc @ 8 ohms, but it is definitely more powerful than than that. Vintage Sansui amps and receivers tend to out perform most amps due to argueably better quality and engineering.

Also I am thinking if I like the sound of the AU-717, will I like AU-9500 even better?
The AU-9500 is a different beast altogether and there are differing opinions about it on AK, I'm sure you'll hear them all! I've owned the AU-9500, bought it fully operational in stock condition and then restored her to her former glory. I also owned an AU-719, which is similar to your amp. I loved both amps, but for different reasons as they had different sonic characteristics.

Back
Top Bottom