Why is this forum constantly pared down?

jmathers

This is not meant to be a criticism of the site, the moderators, or the way this particular forum is run:

Why is it that threads in this forum (I'm assuming UNLIKE ALL the others) are consistently deleted. I see only about ten current threads here and I've been coming here for at least a couple of years. What gives? There's a massive history that has been in effect wiped out in the Cutting Edge/Thinking Out Loud.

The only reason I mention it is that this particular forum is probably the most interesting one for me, having given up the merry-go-round and settled on a decent system finally. The description is pertinent to my current interests:

"Exceptional Audio: System Building and Fine Tuning in Search of That Last 10%."

And, yet, it's constantly pared down to almost nothing on what seems like a weekly basis. Come on guys. Give a poor schmuck like me a break. Let's keep interesting topics alive on AK.

What say you?

You've got something wrong in your settings - I see 51 pages of threads in this forum.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure the display is set to show all from the beginning.

See the picture below.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 146
Scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure the display is set to show all from the beginning.

See the picture below.

Yep. Mine was set to "Last Month" and 6 threads.

I changed it to "Last Year" and got 4 pages.

"Beginning" got 54 pages!!!

It's the settings guys!

And feel free to dive in - would love to see more discussions in here!

So THAT's why. :scratch2:

I was starting to think the Cutting Edge crowd were the red headed step children of AK. Glad I was wrong. :thmbsp:

So why is the default set to minimum duration for CE/TOL?

I am only seeing a few threads too. Checked and "last month" was all that is being displayed. Changed to to "beginning" and could see all the threads. BUT, every time I leave this forum and then return to it I am reset to "last month". This is the only forum that I've noticed being like this.

If you want to always see all threads you need to go to your user control panel and select Edit Options, then scroll down the page and set the option that you want.

See the picture below.

If it is set to use the forum default, then that is what you will get.

Attachments

• THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS.jpg
    THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 67

See the picture below.

This worked but wonder why it switch by it's self, all other forums are set to beginning of time.

You guys are right. This sub-forum is defaulting to a shorter duration of what's viewable. I see from your posts that you can change it, but I usually use the Tapatalk app on my iPad and it doesn't allow you to make that change... So there must be a moderator adjustable setting that it defaults for Cutting Edge only since I don't have this problem on any other forum.

- Woody

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See the picture below.

Doh! Thanks so much. And here I am thinking "conspiracy" rather than a simple settings switch. My technology credentials should be revoked for a month.:D

If you want to always see all threads you need to go to your user control panel and select Edit Options, then scroll down the page and set the option that you want.

See the picture below.

If it is set to use the forum default, then that is what you will get.

And, that worked perfectly. Thank you kind sir!:thmbsp:

Doh! Thanks so much. And here I am thinking "conspiracy" rather than a simple settings switch. My technology credentials should be revoked for a month.:D
Yes....yes they should :yes:

Only joking :D

I fix computers for some folk, and you should see the simple things that sometimes stump me :thmbsp:

And here I am thinking "conspiracy"

I think it is...

I reset the setting yesterday.. I never clicked Log Out.... Every time I come to AK I am logged in, plus I never shut the web page to AK from yesterday after I reset the setting..

Today I stop in.. and there it is... reset back to a month..

It is only this forum that does this to me on AK..

:scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom