Why so few 1152's on here.

Only one I know about, owned by a friend is blowed up and well he's keeping it but not an AKer looking to fix it. So maybe many have died and were released from captivity in the old days. There were a lot of integrated amp choices when these were new. Maybe there are not a lot of them out there. One site claims a 50% accuracy ± for the 1508 claimed manufactured. That is low numbers.

Here's mine!

nmNX54i.jpg

Bob

They were only made from ‘73 to ‘75. With all of the other Marantz offerings at that time, plus all of the other manufacturers offerings, it’s not surprising the manufactured number would be low. I was prime marketing target during those years as I was in my mid 20’s. Almost none of my friends had integrated amps or separates because we simply didn’t have the money. Most young guys went for receivers to get the most bang for the buck. And in those days, i’m betting most of the buyers were young guys.

I have one that was restored by wlhd1610 here on AK, coupled with a 2130 tuner, 6200 turntable and ESS AMT-1B speakers, sounds great!!

Back
Top Bottom