Why use an interface when you can use this?

WASAPI really only works with WIN 8 or greater.

I am curious about the qualifier "really" in this statement. :)

What does WASAPI do under Win7 that constitutes "really not working"? Isn't it binary (no pun intended)? Workee or no workee? (I am naive when it comes to digitalia).

It's weird that Windows 10 won't allow WASAPI to work on Windows Media Player.

They've given us the option to record to FLAC; this indicates they are developing/evolving WMP.

They already went to the trouble to develop WASAPI.

Why don't they allow it, at least as an add-on ? Too logical ?

I got as far away as I could from using a PC to digitize analog. This came after many many years of doing it. I just realized it was not the best environment..especially for vinyl. It mostly came down to having the PC do entirely too much at once...generating a clock...writing the stream to the HDD. Not to mention good ADCs for a PC weren't cheap.

I now use a Korg MR-1 recorder. I dont need to haul a PC to where the turntable is and the device is specific to recording...so it's optimized for it. The ADC is really good as well.

Plus it records in DSD.

After using the USB Pre 1.5 for a week, the comparison is such a night and day difference.
I was using it for two purposes, for podcast mics and to archive vinyl and tape.

On the Focusrite 2i2 my voice is good out of the box with no EQ applied, when I load one of my files off the "Sound Devices" into audacity it is cold as a rock. Focusrite's internal preamp really does add a warmth to it, I would much rather do that in software or with my own external preamp. My voice is crystal clear, very analytical device which is perfect for archival purposes and nothing software can't warm up for podcasts.

Back
Top Bottom