Wife hates new speakers......Sigh

No no, she's intelligent enough to work out how to use the system....it's all about the looks and how it makes the room feel to her.

Just having the grills on makes a big difference.
BTW, maybe just my personal opinion but "white" belongs in the laundry room and maybe the kitchen but feels out of place in the living room.

Room furniture swapped over.

9wJlm4.jpg

I won't leave my wife home alone
Cool....I'm wondering how she likes riding on the back of the Yammy 400 in your avatar?? With 2 people onboard I used to have trouble keeping the front wheel on the ground of my hopped up 2 stroke 350:)

Maybe explaining the advantages of DB efficiency, frequency response, cabiinet construction, cone treatments, legendary reviews and resale value 10-20 down the road would help??
Naaaaaa....... Probably not.
Must be why I'm still single....

Space is too crowded with the speakers and tv stand. My wife wouldn't like that set up either.

Bookshelf speakers placed on the tv console with a sub would be a better choice for that room. The TT would have to find a new location or be placed underneath sans dustcover.

Extra space for gear could be created if you placed the TV on top of melamine shelving from Home Depot.

The wife gets home, walks through the door. First thing out of her mouth is " I can't believe those. They look absolutely shit. God I just hate living in this house now (referring to hifi gear). She's bloody unimpressed and angry.
magnat-1500x1000.jpg
Well, this is probably more common than you would expect. When my wife & I were married back in '83, my new bride moved into my house with my beloved (very large) Altec Flamenco's proudly on display in the living room. She hated them from the beginning but tolerated them. 5 years later, we purchased our second home. The first thing she said was "these are not going in the new living room", (she has a decorating thing).
Since then, I've always had a media/music room to house all my large system, vinyl, tape, computer, instruments, etc.

Today, much to her chagrin, I still operate a pair JBL-L166 bookshelves in the living room. Some habits never change.

The wife wants to know, did your wife know about the speakers before the purchase? Was she a part of the purchase?

I have always made the wife a part of any transaction. Equal partner in so much as is allowed. Just like picking up the Thiel's she was there and agreed with getting them from the get. I just don't let her negotiate. Only because I'm the one doing the selling later.

Barney

The wife wants to know, did your wife know about the speakers before the purchase? Was she a part of the purchase?

I have always made the wife a part of any transaction. Equal partner in so much as is allowed. Just like picking up the Thiel's she was there and agreed with getting them from the get. I just don't let her negotiate. Only because I'm the one doing the selling later.

Barney

I don't involve my wife in audio purchases and never will (unless she wants to but not gonna happen). It's my hobby and would become more like shopping for a couch. Of course it all goes into my "man cave" which is actually a couple cave just like the main living area is both of ours. She gets to decorate main level and I get to do finished basement. But she always needs my help since I'm the visual designer of the family.

OK get rid of your wife! Start dating Dancers they will love those Speakers and when You get the Pole put up in the Middle of the Room You will be in Hog Heaven! Sorry Honey You got to Go! :bye: All Joking aside those might be to big for the space you are in. They are beautiful speakers no doubt.
c042.gif

Some folks buy complex remotes and program the system so its easy for the spouse to use.

My wife hated my system when we first got married. I had 5 remotes and she couldn't figure out how to watch TV. I bought a Logitech Harmony remote control and programmed it and she's loved it ever since. You have to love a remote with buttons labeled "Watch TV' and "Watch a Movie".

My wife hated my system when we first got married. I had 5 remotes and she couldn't figure out how to watch TV. I bought a Logitech Harmony remote control and programmed it and she's loved it ever since. You have to love a remote with buttons labeled "Watch TV' and "Watch a Movie".
I tried that, but all it takes is one time where a component's eye gets blocked and the whole thing goes catywhompus.

Back
Top Bottom