Wii and X-Box 360. Use as players?

sunvalleylaw

Addicted Member
We have a Wii, and a X-Box 360 sitting there, and I realized they will play discs. Are they any good for two channel listening? I also have a Sony Blu-Ray player in the same area, so I have never checked it out. What else can a guy do with them, besides play games? Currently they are hooked up to the Vizio TV (nothing impressive, we are not that TV oriented, just 40 something inch tv) and audio is also out to the back of my Yamaha RX-V795A, as is the Blu-Ray.

I have the same question regarding the X-Box 1S. Currently mine is connected to my pre/pro. I realize I can do it myself (I intend to). Other opinions would be at minimum interesting and at most educational and helpful.

im interested to find out if a ps 3 is any good as a cd player as well, it plays movies well enough,
its been a few years since i used it so may need a service, because of this i would like to hear what others have done with these game machines as does the owner of the thread ,
its a very interesting question

oh well , seems to be no in put,
i have been using a ps3 as a player now for a while and find it to be ok ,better then some but not the best

Original PS3 is probably the best media player out of all the consoles. Mostly because it's the only one that can play SACD. But it's only a transport, you still need a DAC that either takes HDMI or toslink. It can also be hacked to rip SACD.

The problem is the cooling fan is extremely loud. I've replaced the thermal paste in mine to high quality stuff and it didn't really help much. External coolers just make it even louder.

Back
Top Bottom