Wilkes Barre, PA to Cincinnati, OH (or near)

Jeff W.

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Subscriber
I've just purchased a set of Sony SS-3300 speakers from Music Go Round in Wilkes Barre, PA . I live in the Cincinnati, OH area. I spoke to them about how they would pack these 90 pound speakers and was not satisfied they would make it safely in the manner they described via FedEx ground . They have no styrofoam! These guys are well intentioned, but do not typically ship gear like this. I asked them for some time to explore shipping options and they were more than agreeable to hold them until I could make arrangements.

Will any of you be headed in this direction that would be willing to transport these for me? Even if you could get them 2/3 of the way that would be an incredible help to me. Unfortunately I will be on the west coast during AKFEST, so if you are headed this way at that time I would not be able to meet you then.

I would be happy to compensate you with cash/gear or a combination thereof. As I mentioned, they weigh 90 pounds each. The dimensions (unboxed) are roughly 32" X 24" X 15" each. Any suggestions for getting them here safely at a reasonable price are welcome. I am going to check about Greyhound, but I would still be more comfortable with someone who appreciates gear like this handling the job with TLC. Shipping via FedEx is $100.00 for reference. Thank you for any help/information you can provide .

My brother is in VA but drives back up to Ontario from time to time, and my wife will be driving to Cincinnati in a few weeks... I'll see if he can pick them up and bring to Ontario, and I'll send them down with her following that. I'm just not sure of his route.
FedEx is only $100? that's pretty good... I'm trying to get some EPIs to Denver - haven't found any options anywhere close to that.

Thanks for the consideration. it seams like Wilkes Barre might be a bit out of the way for him, but if there's a possibility I'm all ears. Maybe your wife could bring back the Yamaha NS-1000's from Cincinnati!

Too bad about all the other expenses. I hope your other projects go well. Is it not economical or possible to take the EPI's across the border and ship them from Cincinnati to Denver via UPS or FedEx Ground?

Just heard from my brother - and apparently my other brother does pass that way more directly, driving truck. I will contact him.

I am going to look into shipping from Cincinnati or Port Huron to Denver for the EPIs, we'll see how that goes. Private shipping firms were ridiculously expensive.

Apparently someone else has done me the favour of buying the NS-1000s. That's probably good.

OK, great. Let me know what he says. I'm going to start making crates for them today. I'll have them shipped there ready to load the speakers for safe handling.

If you want to ship the EPI's from Cincinnati their hub is on the way into town off I-75 (5 minutes) in Sharonville. Your wife could drop them off and pay there without paying any middle man (like UPS store) if they're boxed and ready to go. They even have carts there to help you get them from your vehicle into the building. Let me know if I can assit further.

Sorry the timing was off for the NS-1000's. Maybe some will turn up in Ontario when you are better prepared and you'll be glad you waited.

Thank you for your willingness to help.

Kind Regards,

Jeff

Apparently he's done with that part of the country for now, and my brother who lives in VA is not coming home anytime soon. So I guess it won't work - I'm sorry I couldn't help out.
Thanks for the tips re: the hub - I'll make a call to fedex directly then and see what the cost would be, then consult with the buyer at the destination.

Thanks for looking into it. I appreciate it. If you need any more information on shipping from Cincinnati just let me know. There is a Fedex location very convenient to I-75 as well just north of town.

Will do - I checked with a FedEx store in Buffalo yesterday, and they estimated about $100 too... so this might be our best option. Are you pretty close to one of the locations in Cinci yourself?

Back
Top Bottom