Will I regret buying this soldering kit?

Im not an expert, but 450c is pretty much the max I would ever use with the majority of solid state stuff. working with an iron that can't adjust temp will affect the technique you use - you have to be careful not to burn off pads or cook components beyond their tolerance. tinning the iron before each use is important, don't just heat up a solder joint with the iron. read up on the Echowars sticky post and watch some youtube videos.

someone mentioned better tools just make it easier for the less skilled not to screw up. someone more experienced will be able to do good work with most anything. Im just saying the money you save will force you to be more careful.

all the cheap solder irons I bought worked fine for awhile and then fell apart or died with regular use.

The temperature will end up being a try and test procedure. You will find your best average working temp and the temp needed for solder removal. The solder sucker works pretty well for me. I'm not a fan of the solder wick, but it has it's time when it is the best choice. Good luck with your new tool.

Back
Top Bottom