Creek OBH-8 Phone Pre
NAD C315BEE Integrated
NAD C515BEE CD
Chromecast Audio
Monitor Audio Bronze BR-1 on Sanus Stands
AQ Speaker Cables
Pangea Rack

View attachment 1048898
Now this is the type of system that cures one of the "Monday Morning Blues" and motivates them to jump, not drag, their ass out of bed and get to work. Excellent combination of components, on a good rack, topped with a kick-ass bad boy skeletal aesthetic. Punch-out time will have arrived before you know it. For some reason, Zep's Houses of the Holy comes to mind...

Now this is the type of system that cures one of the "Monday Morning Blues" and motivates them to jump, not drag, their ass out of bed and get to work. Excellent combination of components, on a good rack, topped with a kick-ass bad boy skeletal aesthetic. Punch-out time will have arrived before you know it. For some reason, Zep's Houses of the Holy comes to mind...

Thanks KDAC. Appreciate the well written comment. It is a system that I didn't have to get a second mortgage to obtain, and it provides immense listening pleasure. The skeletons are something I collect on motorcycle trips (on what else, a HD!). If you look closely, the two on the right have on 'phones. Thought it added a nice touch to the audio motif!

Nice rig Will1960. I love it's simplicity. I'm from Chicago too and moved to NC in '06. Looks like you may have made your purchase in part from Saturday Audio Exchange.

Nice rig Will1960. I love it's simplicity. I'm from Chicago too and moved to NC in '06. Looks like you may have made your purchase in part from Saturday Audio Exchange.

You are exactly right Lightcapture. Nice shop with low keyed, audio people working there.

How do you like the Monitor Audio BR-1 Bronze speakers? I had a pair and let my youngest daughter audition several pair of bookshelf speakers, many with 8" woofers, for her bedroom system. These were all decent speakers from Polk, Boston Acoustics, etc. She preferred the BR-1s. So did I, and I keep threatening to take them back!

How do you like the Monitor Audio BR-1 Bronze speakers? I had a pair and let my youngest daughter audition several pair of bookshelf speakers, many with 8" woofers, for her bedroom system. These were all decent speakers from Polk, Boston Acoustics, etc. She preferred the BR-1s. So did I, and I keep threatening to take them back!
I've had them for roughly 3-4 years now, and have never had second thoughts. In my opinion, very true to the music. I live in a condo now, so I don't turn things up to ear-splitting levels, but I still find them very involving. I believe your daughter has a good ear! Very surprised that she was not drawn to the Polk's or BA's. While both decent speakers, I personally believe they are a bit more "forward" in their presentation, leading most to believe they are "better".

I've had them for roughly 3-4 years now, and have never had second thoughts. In my opinion, very true to the music. I live in a condo now, so I don't turn things up to ear-splitting levels, but I still find them very involving. I believe your daughter has a good ear! Very surprised that she was not drawn to the Polk's or BA's. While both decent speakers, I personally believe they are a bit more "forward" in their presentation, leading most to believe they are "better".

That's about how long she's had the ones I gave to her. She definitely has good taste in speakers. Music, not so much. But that's another topic for another day. She also picked out the a little Sansui 221 receiver that I restored to drive her BR-1 speakers. Together, they make a nice little bedroom system.

Good stuff man!
Why is it in the corner?

Agreed Drugolf. This system happens to be in my home office, and other furniture, closet doors, and corner desk make this placement necessary. Would sound much more open against the long wall. Maybe someday.

Back
Top Bottom