Will's Stuff

Will S.

Speakers: Thiel CS-2.7 main, Thiel SCS-4 center, Thiel CS-1.7 Surround
Sub: Rhythmik E15HP
Source: Oppo BDP-103, Roku 4, WD MyCloud NAS.
Pre/Pro: Marantz AVP-7702MKII
Amps: Emotiva XPA-2 mains, Emotiva XPA-3 center and surround.

I keep thinking I'll upgrade the power amps to smaller class Ds, but I'm not willing to do that yet. Plus, I may be about to buy a new house.

There's also tons of older stuff all over the place including a bedroom and garage system. I've sold off some of the broken amp collection.

back.jpg front.jpg

Very nice room and equipment...must be a pleasure to chill out and enjoy some tunes or HT.

Did you buy the room treatments or fab them?

Very nice room and equipment...must be a pleasure to chill out and enjoy some tunes or HT.

Did you buy the room treatments or fab them?

I bought them from Gik. More money than time at this point in my life. Although I do have a project to cosmetically restore some old Polk Monitor 5Bs. New grill cloth and vinyl. The room is a probably a bit overdamped right now. The treatments came from a larger room and hopefully they'll be back in one soon.

Impressive setup. Love the Thiel speakers. I'm getting ready to add 4 more panels to finish off this room I just moved my system into. Room treatments do wonders and make an unbelievable difference IMO.

Nice. I bet a movie and music are really nice in this room. Looking forward to your new room.

excellent system. love to see properly integrated acoustic treatments. are those the gik 242s?
Yes. Bigger bass traps on the rear wall and a diffuser over the CDs. I might go a little more towards diffusion rather than absorption in my next room.

Updates to system two, the two channel setup.
Magnepan MG12s, Mac mini as CD player and iTunes box, bel canto DAC 1.7 and REF600M monoblocks, Furman surge protector.sys2.jpg

I still haven't bought a house. Had to put it on hold because family stuff. I'm back shopping again so...

Back
Top Bottom