Wilson Audio Sabrina

Dr Tone

Such a little speaker with such a big, beautiful balanced sound!

Specifications

Mine arrived yesterday. They were pretty tight and bright initially compared to the dealer demo models I had at home for a week. They still are but I can hear them getting better after a full day of playback.

I did learn one thing: SAM processing in my Devialet really messes these up. The Wilson crossover is something special and doing any speaker DSPing to try and fix the time alignment of these just doesn't work. SAM has been turned off.

I had Focal 1028BEs prior to these and to be brutally honest, they weren't half the speaker these are. The Sabrina's soundstage is huge, wide and the speakers just disappear. The center image is so forward you feel like you could reach ahead and smack the performer. The tweeter, mid and bass drivers just melt into each other. I just sit here in awe of how well everything sounds now. I originally had trepidation on price after ordering them. But I'm so happy I did.

In the evening with grills on:

25942250432_834e42d780_h.jpg

Morning light with grills off:

25774054100_08b86893e2_h.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful speakers. At one time I didn't think much of Wilson speakers but starting a few years back they began to become more and more to my taste. The last several times I have listened to them I have been very impressed. Those are keepers for sure!

BTW, you may find that an amplification change is in the future...

I rather like the sound of the Devialet.

I don't have the space for much more, seperates and or monoblocks are out of the question. I'd need a dedicated DAC if I went with an integrated. More cables, ugh!

I could toss the monster I suppose but it's just a big power bar for everything else right now, I don't plug the Devialet into it.

The Devialet may just be perfect for your speakers...if it's not I'd move on from the amp before I would the speakers...just sayin'!

I refuse to cover the TV...then it's unevenly dusted and looks like hell (to me). I just move the speakers out far enough out into the room to minimize the effect of the TV. Sounds very 3 dimensional to me.

How is a tv any more reflective sonically than the wall?

- Woody

When I had my house and did have my speakers out that far forward from the TV I still preferred the sound with the blanket on the TV. In my much smaller condo I don't have the room to bring them out more without shrinking my triangle too much.

Back
Top Bottom