winding down

KLH9

A Double Pair Sounds OK
We're selling our cabin in the great white north. Packing 30 years worth of adventures.

I decided to bring the Luxman separates over from the guest cabin and enjoy them for a while before packing up.

McIntosh they are not, but not too shabby through the B&W system

20180823172021-7e0b2f5d.jpg

Last edited:
We're selling our camp in the great white north. Packing 30 years worth of adventures.

I decided to bring the Luxman separates over from the guest cabin and enjoy them for a while before packing up.

McIntosh they are not, but not too shabby through the B&W system

20180823172021-7e0b2f5d.jpg

So when are you shipping them over to me? :)

Where you heading to?

Heading to Florida to sell another house after this one closes.

Sold our two 80's Mad River Kevlar canoes.

Rockola bar is gone.

s-l400.jpg

McIntosh and Luxman are going.

Hoping to get things down to a U-haul trailer load.

Have to take "the chair" as it is promised to the Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola Fl after I'm gone.

20180930125600-519810d5.jpg

What's so special about the chair?

It is from a WW II aircraft carrier. It's a pilot's ready room chair

world_war_ii_carrier.jpg

The Naval museum has a wing dedicated to the carrier the chair came off of but does not have a ready room chair from the ship.

http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/attractions/aircraft-exhibits/item/?item=cabot_flightdeck

Photo of Cabot in the breakers way in Browsville TX around 2000, just before salvage started. I acquired the chair about the time this photo was taken.

USS-Cabot-2000.jpg

Last edited:
I would never have guessed. It certainly doesn't look to be from WWII. I thought it was some sort of HT chair.

More and more being taken away.

Canoes (gone)
2nd Yotul stove (gone)
McIntosh system (gone)
B&W monitors (staying with new owners)
Rock-Ola home bar (gone)
DCS stove (staying with new owners)
18" Meile Incognito (staying with new owners)

It is starting to look like our idea of a rented trailer may work. New tires and front suspension bits on the "truck-a-saurus" makes it road worthy for the 1600 mile drive pulling a trailer.

Closing set for 16th of next month.

Inspections Thursday so need the wood stove cold to inspect stove/flue. Highs in 30's lows in 20's. Need the stove on but furnace is happy keeping us warm for a while longer.

Back
Top Bottom