Windows Media Player won't open

Ronald1973

8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
It's been happening on and off for ages, but it's decided to go crazy tonight. I rebooted my computer, opened up Media Player, and it won't even show me half of my music. I close it down and it won't reopen. I rebooted and it does the same thing again. No matter how many times I click the icon, it won't open.

If you have any other media player installed check in your Window's control panel and see if it is your default player or not. Not sure if this is the prob either, just a guess. I'd think if you were to open it manually, it would open regardless.

If you have any other media player installed check in your Window's control panel and see if it is your default player or not. Not sure if this is the prob either, just a guess. I'd think if you were to open it manually, it would open regardless.
It decided to make a fool out of me and open after I hit "post!" It's the default player; I made sure of that when iTunes somehow made itself the default player. It does this every so often. It will show only a small portion of my music as being available (I have around 30K songs!). Close it down and it refuses to open back up. A few months ago, it decided to change probably 1/2 of my album art all to the same Roy Orbison LP! Any recommends on a better player? I have Media Monkey which I like, but it doesn't show artwork.

I had sooo many problems with Media Player on previous versions of Windoze that I stopped using it.

I've been using JRiver for quite some time now and am very happy with it.

Don`t know what the issue is with WMP, but my three Window`s 7 & 10 media lap-tops will play currently over 7550 WAV. ripped songs nonstop selected for shuffle/repeat for as long as the computers are running, like 24/7/365, with album art/tagging..
Never had any problems, unless Win 10 was demanding a update reboot in the background, and I was ignoring it..
After reboot, WMP restart, and all as before..
No problem here, in fact, playing some Chicago right now..

Good luck on whatever route you choose..

Have a great spring holiday weekend folks..

Kind regards, OKB

As a computer tech that started out with MS-DOS, my goto fix for windows problems has become re-install windows.

Back
Top Bottom