Wintec 1120

Discussion in 'Dollars and Sense' started by EVBoy, Apr 16, 2017.

1. EVBoy

EVBoy Super Member

I was at an estate sale yesterday and there was a Wintec 1120 receiver there. The price tag was $300 and it was the first Wintec I had ever seen. There were no speakers there so there was no way to test it and I had exhausted my vintage audio budget for the week so I passed on it. It was the second day of the sale so it may have been available for half off. After I researched it on the web maybe I should have grabbed it for $150. Any opinions?

2. Leland47

Leland47 AK Subscriber Subscriber

One sold on ebay last month for $400....

Seems rather rare. I've never heard of em either...

3. SoCal Sam

SoCal Sam Lunatic Member

Wintec 1120 was far ahead of its time. It featured a TV tuner for A/V sound and had an LED dial indicator. Amp section featured dual transformers which was a rare feature in any receiver. It was as wide as a CR-3020 which would make it difficult to box and ship. $150 is worth the effort but $300 is not.

4. tater415

tater415 New Member

I just paid $425 last week For my r1120 I guess I paid to much

5. EVBoy

EVBoy Super Member

6. HiFi in WYO

HiFi in WYO The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest. Subscriber

FYI from another site:

"Bruce Gerson
    September 13, 2015 at 10:09 am

I developed the Wintec line of receivers and other audio components (most never made it to the US). They were designed to slot in between the commonly discounted Pioneer and Sansui lines and the higher-end Yamaha line. They incorporated higher quality components and features typically not found on any other receivers in the price range. One of the hallmarks of the product line was that every unit was individually tested and performance specs for that unit was presented to the owner.

To clarify a couple of points, Wintec of America was headquartered in City of Industry, CA. All equipment was manufactured by Kyocera in Japan."

7. Karmices

Karmices AK Subscriber Subscriber

Nice but too much money. It's a $200.00 receiver for a local sale.