Winter New England Frankenfest - confirmed for Clinton, MA!

Chuck - the GTG is in Clinton, MA - north of Worcester - spread the word, hope to see you there.
Nice area Canton but you'll be way off course. Clinton is 1.5 hrs for me and I'm just South of Hartford.

I just talked with Frank - he sounds much stronger than when I talked to him 5 weeks ago.
He said that the back room will not be available.
Available will be his shop, the hallways adjacent to his shop, the back and upstairs hallways and a few nooks and crannies as usual.
For people looking to set up systems I recommend bringing some long extension cords and perhaps a light or two.

As usual - we will make the best of what we have!

I just talked with Frank - he sounds much stronger than when I talked to him 5 weeks ago.
He said that the back room will not be available.
Available will be his shop, the hallways adjacent to his shop, the back and upstairs hallways and a few nooks and crannies as usual.
For people looking to set up systems I recommend bringing some long extension cords and perhaps a light or two.

As usual - we will make the best of what we have!
Glad to hear Frank is improving and looking forward to seeing him and everyone else.

Just one week away - spread the word on any social media sites you may frequent as well as other audio forums.

I'll be flying back from warmer climes Friday evening unless the airline Gods decide to detour me - but I'll always be reachable here if something pops up.

Am I allowed to list what I'll be bringing for sale?
Thanks guys!

mikey - yes and no.
You need to be a subscriber (a paltry $25 a year) and list your items onthe Barter Town thread.
AK rules don't allow items for sale in the general access threads (like this one).

Subscribe or bring it all - we love surprises.
Keep in mind though that we are (to put in nicely) a frugal crowd, and also most of us have been doing this for a while. So, unless the items are appropriately priced or unique/rare you may have a challenge moving them on.

5 MORE DAYS!

Nothing defeats the "winter blues" like a scenic ride out to Clinton! Can't wait to buy some crap I don't need, shoot the shit with the AK crowd, wander aimlessly around the ol' factory, and hoist a beer or two with damn good people (I hope everybody likes Sierra Nevada beer)! Yee-hawwwwww.....

Nothing defeats the "winter blues" like a scenic ride out to Clinton! Can't wait to buy some crap I don't need, shoot the shit with the AK crowd, wander aimlessly around the ol' factory, and hoist a beer or two with damn good people (I hope everybody likes Sierra Nevada beer)! Yee-hawwwwww.....
We like!

Hi Everyone,
I plan on attending my first Frankenfest!!
I'll be bringing 2 Mark Levinson amps, maybe a Marantz 250 and some KLH model 11 amplifier modules
plus whatever other audio gear I have floating around.
Hope to see you there.

Brian
Techfixer

Just got off the phone with Frank - he's feeling much better - though not doing any heavy lifting.
He said we're good for The Clinton location for the winter GTG.

Date is the last Saturday in February - 2/25/2017.

New England Winter Jam FrankenFest Saturday February 25th in Clinton, MA

It's time for the Winter fest back at our customary location at Franks shop

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

Just over the railroad tracks.

I'd like to encourage everyone who's coming to put a link to this post in their signature line - spread the word.

We as usual, need to be careful about parking - we don't want to use the lot across the street but we can park in front (as usual) and there is a lot around back on Parker Street.

We'll start around 11AM and go until around 5-6 PM.

These events run smoothly with people taking more responsibility for bringing food and cleaning up afterwards.
Let's keep that up!

The swap / sell / freebie tables will be a given as usual and people can bring their favorite toys and systems to set up.
No charges or fees for anyone to buy, sell, or display - we do it for the love. :banana:.

As usual, we're not sure at this time what space will be available to us - I'll try to give Frank a call or he can post here as the time approaches.

Also keep in mind that we'll need to make an extra effort to clean up after ourselves since Frank doesn't have the physical stamina like he used to.

Just take your unsold treasure home with you, don't load up Frank's dumpster.

Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given.

All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond.

As per AK rules, please don't post your for sale items here

Here's the link to the Barter Town for sale thread:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....t-clinton-ma-feb-25th-for-sale-thread.752738/

(visible only to subscribers / hint-hint) in a few days.

I got some new young guys coming to join in the festivities! A co-worker and a friend or two of his heading over from Boston! Hey, they might even buy something!

Wish I was able to get up there, but alas not this time. Maybe for fall. Have a blast!

I am all packed up and ready for tomorrow. :) I have a couple of pair of Sansui speakers, a pair of Cerwin Vega's that need woofer surrounds, A tandberg cassette deck for free that needs some TLC, And a Panasonic reel to reel along with some CD players. I also have a really nice Mitsubishi DA-P20 Pre-amp that is in excellent condition for sale. Hope to see you all there.....:banana:

Back
Top Bottom