Winter New England Frankenfest - confirmed for Clinton, MA!

A few photos....

Attachments

• clinton1.JPG
    clinton1.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 107
  • clinton2.JPG
    clinton2.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 100
  • clinton3.JPG
    clinton3.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 106
  • clinton4.JPG
    clinton4.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 103
  • clinton5.JPG
    clinton5.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 106
  • clinton6.JPG
    clinton6.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 105
  • clinton7.JPG
    clinton7.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 103
  • clinton8.JPG
    clinton8.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 104
  • clinton9.JPG
    clinton9.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 104
  • clinton9b.JPG
    clinton9b.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 104
I also want to thank Bill for the astounding transcription turntable (as in turntable for 16 inch transcription discs). It works great!

Attachments

• clinton9e.JPG
    clinton9e.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
A question for Fest veterans, how typical were the demos, both in terms of available space and choice of music? It seemed like just about everybody was putting on classic rock just to be heard above the general din.

Don't get me wrong, it was fun, and of course everybody should play whatever they please. This is not about individual musical choices. But a roomful of audio and music nuts with a median age probably well north of 50, but no Beatles, Beethoven, Brubeck for some 4 hours straight? (See what I did there? And I could have said Mozart, Miles, Motown just as well.) Nobody sets up one of those lovely analog tuners to pull in WICN (jazz) or WCRB (classical)? That did surprise me.

Just the luck of the draw, maybe?

At any rate, maybe for the next edition some nooks throughout the building will be available to set up for some non-competitive listening. I'm already thinking about what to bring!
Well, the generation mentioned, me included, are for the most part rockers of some sort. We grew up with it. Classic, New Wave, Soul, Electronica, what ever the genre, and a lot of us keep current. So yes, I'd say the music being played is typical.
Jim started a thread taking a poll about alternate locations simply for more space. We'll see what happens.
Glenn

Thanks to Frank and Jim for another great event. It was nice too see folks that I've met in the past as well as a lot of new faces.

Dave

FYI - I talked to Frank today and we're on for June 24th in Clinton for our spring/summer GTG.

While there is some legitimate concerns regarding the over crowding at our recent winter event this shouldn't be a concern for the spring/summer event since the turnout is always lower.

If, as i suspect, the other rooms aren't available for setting up systems we can set up in the basement area - which is a large common area and won't be rented out.
Also, we may be able to use the upstairs hallways as we usually do.

Looking forward to it and hanging with Frank and the rest of the regulars.

Back
Top Bottom