Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

Last day to order the polo shirts - these will be spellchecked!
I’ll order a couple of extras but they usually go prior to the event.

I wish I didn't live so far and in a different country, but really not too far from where I was born and lived for 15 yeas in Bristol Ct.

I'm going to hold off until Monday to order the Polo Shirts - so if anyone wants "in" let me know!

Is there a head count?

I'd like to demo a CD player, Integrated amp, and speakers that I have for sale.
Is there room for everyone to setup their systems?
Maybe a turntable also.

Pete B.

Is there a head count?
I'd like to demo a CD player, Integrated amp, and speakers that I have for sale.
Is there room for everyone to setup their systems?
Maybe a turntable also.
Pete B.
Peter-
No head count but we'll probably have 50-75 attendees based on past events.
We'll have tables where you can set up your gear but since it's basically one big room we will all have to be considerate of others when demoing systems.
You should bring some long extension cords and of course all the cables for your system.

Only 19 days to go - ordered shirts today.

Peter-
No head count but we'll probably have 50-75 attendees based on past events.
We'll have tables where you can set up your gear but since it's basically one big room we will all have to be considerate of others when demoing systems.
You should bring some long extension cords and of course all the cables for your system.

Only 19 days to go - ordered shirts today.
At the Blue Mountain meet, we took turns demoing our systems. Maybe two-three songs, then move to the next system. It worked out well. We had around 23-24 attendees, pretty good for a first time event.
I think doing something similar will be good. Often, there's multiple systems playing at the same time and it's gets pretty crazy and loud.
I plan to bring a system including my restored AR3's, if Roy C. commits to attend. He said he would like to attend, weather permitting. I told him I'd bring them if he comes as Roy rebuilt the mids in these. Otherwise, it will probably be the Angelica's as were requested earlier.
Looking forward to having a great day with everyone!

At the Blue Mountain meet, we took turns demoing our systems. Maybe two-three songs, then move to the next system. It worked out well. !

THIS is maybe the best idea we've had in a long time. The "stereo wars" kind of vibe that we've always had could use a serious re-think as it is impossible to really hear what each system can do when it's competing with the one across the hall. If not the whole day, maybe we can get an "adult swim" hour or two setup to quiet the place and focus on one system at a time.

jblnut

Absolutely - let's try to avoid the all at once thing.
Once we get the lay of the land perhaps it would make sense to have the systems in the center of the room facing outwards to avoid the cacophony of sound and have the stuff for sale on the outside walls. People should plan on bringing long extension cords since the plugs are probably on the outside walls.

I stopped bringing things to demo a while ago. The last few gatherings I've only brought cables an accessories for Barter/sale, I'm not sure what I'll do for this one but a Demo Rotation seems to make sense.

Does anyone have a Carver C-1 with BillD mods they could bring for the demo? I'd really like to hear it compared to the very high end gear.

I was planning on bringing some gear to demo. Can't decide on the speakers, but it might be a pair of esb or maybe the DBX again. If space allows in the van, I might bring both. Any input would be great.

Absolutely - let's try to avoid the all at once thing.
Once we get the lay of the land perhaps it would make sense to have the systems in the center of the room facing outwards to avoid the cacophony of sound and have the stuff for sale on the outside walls. People should plan on bringing long extension cords since the plugs are probably on the outside walls.
Maybe reverse this so demo systems are closer to the power sources?

Maybe reverse this so demo systems are closer to the power sources?
I just figured it would be better for low level listening to have the speakers directed outward and away from each other.

Hi all,

I will be bringing an Allied Knight tube integrated, ESS PS-8 speakers, and an antique Columbia 104 record player that I restored, along with some big band records.

Ed

Are we allowed to setup out in the parking lot, if it is too crowded and noisy inside?

Back
Top Bottom