Winter New England FrankenFest Saturday March 10, 2018 Sutton MA

nice to see you all had a great time, i'm too lazy to make the extra 45 min drive ,LOL.
Its nice to be able to follow the get together here with all the pics and commentary though.
I hope they have a summer event, those are my favorite.
More Pics Please!!

And also thanks to Brian aka Baco99 and Dan aka LexDM3 for helping to lend direction and being a sounding board for our efforts.
BTW, I have one XL and one XXL shirt left over if anyone would like to supplant their spring wardrobe.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for hosting and it was great meeting online
friends in person. I met RoyC who I've probably known online for 10+ years, and
many new friends also!

I spent so much time talking that I didn't get a chance to walk around and buy anything,
that might be a good thing!

Just want to say thanks to everyone for hosting and it was great meeting online
friends in person. I met RoyC who I've probably known online for 10+ years, and
many new friends also!
Agree! Finally got to meet Roy as well! A true gentleman!

Someone (who was the owner) there had a beautiful KT-6006 (?) that would go nicely with the KA-6006 or KA-8006 that I haven't found yet....

IMG_7840.JPG

I knew right away with hat I was in the right place when I saw that familiar blue "M" on a couple of boxes....

IMG_7838.JPG

And also thanks to Brian aka Baco99 and Dan aka LexDM3 for helping to lend direction and being a sounding board for our efforts.

Well... Given my non-starter seminar, I'm not sure much credit is coming my way.

To at least partly atone for that, I'd be happy to have a "Learn about and optionally build your own Volumio server" event at my house in Arlington, MA if people are interested. If so, please start a Conversation with me rather than post here about that. Thanks.

Dan and Brian,
While you were not directly involved in putting on this event you were nonetheless of great value as a sounding board.
We're all family here :bye:.

Another excellent show! Thanks to Jim and crew for setting it up, everyone who made it or tried to attend, and special thanks to the Legion folks for (hopefully) not getting too mad with our auditory assault. Didn't sell many LaserDiscs (hope John's girlfriend enjoys that LD of Speed!), but had fun blathering about all the goofy video formats I have examples of. :blah: Can't wait for the next one! :thumbsup:
-Adam

@Wolverine might want to hear more about those LDs

index.php

Looks like a good time. I wish I could have made it. Can I ask what that speaker is?

index.php

Looks like a good time. I wish I could have made it. Can I ask what that speaker is?

Those are my own design in PE prefab boxes. Usher woofer, Dayton (by Usher) Tweeter
large 1 cu ft boxes and large flared port for deep bass extension.
They compare (very) favorably to these by Usher:
https://www.stereophile.com/standloudspeakers/508ush/index.html

I spent so much time talking to people that I didn't get a chance to walk around and see/buy stuff.

I wish that the walk around was done (to listen to one system at a time) so that I could
have explained these speakers one time to the majority of the people interested.

Last edited:
They were PeteB’s set
I wish that the walk around was done (to listen to one system at a time) so that I could
have explained these speakers one time to the majority of the people interested.
That’s a great idea - Glenn aka GD70 does this at his NY events (which are much smaller).

Could we get a volunteer to be the ring leader for this? That would be great for the October 20th event.

Back
Top Bottom